Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pointed Sphynx for Mom

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Today we saw Ocie leap to the Rainbow Bridge and soon Chongo will follow. Chongo is a Siamese that my sister and I bought for my Mom's birthday well over 18 years ago. Chongo is old and has many health problems. He may not make it too the new year. I would love to get Mom her very own Sphynx to snuggle with. Mom has always loved Siamese and I thought if I could find her a pointed Sphynx with blue eyes (turquoise even better), it would make her swoon. Mom is 72 and lives with me. This will be her last personal cat. Keep in mind that we live in Texas. I have never been through the process of having a cat flown in. PM me if you know of anyone. Thanks.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When is her birthday?
Good question. Her birthday is in March. This would give me ample time to raise money. It would be a huge surprise for her. I brought Chongo from San Diego to Dallas Fort Worth Airport. There was a huge ice storm at the airport (not common) and we had to call someone to pick us up after hanging out for 5 hours. Spent the night with a friend then went back to the airport and took a puddle jumper to San Angelo. Mom picked me up at the airport. I opened the passenger door and set the cat carrier on the seat and said Happy Birthday Mom. She replied, "You got me a tackle box!", I told her to take another look and opened the carrier. Chongo went straight to her like he had found his soul mate. HER HEART MELTED AT THAT VERY MOMENT. Anyway, she just walked in during this post and said that she is changing her mind about never wanting another cat. I showed her some pointed Sphynx cuties and she said no that she wanted a Siamese again. ARRRGGHH.

susi794

Staff member
Well, then thats what she should have...if that's what speaks to her soul. You're a kind and loving daughter!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes Everybody needs a pointed Sphynx - Great idea Bella. (My heart sank when she said no to the Sphynx.) But the gears in my brain are working. He He:BigSmile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Get a pointed sphynx for yourself and a siamese for your mom.
I had a seal point siamese when I was a kid and my Coco who I lost last month was half siamese.
In fact the reason we ended up with her was because all her siamese looking littermates were gone.
She was well worth the $45 she cost.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If your mom wants a Siamese then get her the best Siamese in the world. Cause at her age she isn't going to have a lot more chances for getting the pet she really wants. I hate to sound mean but we both know it's true.

My 77 year old dad decided last week to get some chickens. I'm already making plans for what's going to be done with the squawkers if something happens to Pops. Chicken soup, chicken and dumplings, fried chicken... All kidding aside, wth would I do with chickens if I find I'm suddenly responsible for them?!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Marlene - you are so right. I prodded mom again about getting a pointed Sphynx and she said she really wants an oriental style siamese. There are none, zilch, nada around these parts. I do not know what has happened to the breed in the last 15 years but it looks fractured and diluted.

Anyway - the chickens will make you dad so happy. I have 7 Auracana hens that are so funny and sweet and lay blue, green, pink and tan eggs. YUMMY. Here is a picture of me and the rooster LeRoy.
misc 023.jpg:BigSmile:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's a pretty rooster. Pops got 5 Leghorn pullets, says he's going to get some black ones next spring. I'm going to see if I can talk him into getting some of those Arucanas. I used to have some Silkies when I was a kid but he says he doesn't want those.

Back