Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Prayers for my Mom's Jeffrey

Yoda mom

Staff member
plesse keep my mom's Jeffrey in your thoughts and prayers -

Yesterday I was spreading the remainder of 15 yards of mulch in this Florida heat soaked from head to tail -

My mom called crying that something was terribly wrong with Jeffrey -
He was laying up along the house not moving :(

I rushed over soaked in sweat calling the vet on the way right about closing time ..
worried he had been poisoned , hit by a car , heat stroke etc ?
Running through my mind

Scooped him up into his Crate - saw no visible injuries - he was clearly not right .

Got him to the vet - he had a fever of 103.9
Unknown cause per the vet after the exam
She did not believe it was poisoning or trauma -
We loaded him up with subQ fluids
He was such a good boy - big boy 16.7 lbs ( spots on his belt perhaps Bengal in his lineage )

My mom had found him several years ago by the woods abandoned , skinny -
from evil people that left him behind to die

He is my mom's baby - he acts like a dog , gets the newspaper , mail with her etc
Such a loving boy - she has tried to make him an indoor only cat - he stays in for hours and sleeps in bed with his head on a pillow - then He has a panic attacks to get out early in the morning

He is up to date on shots , flea medication etc
I clean his ears , trim his nails etc
He is such an amazing cat .
my mom's true companion after her best friend true love husband passed away .

The vet said of no improvement today they will run blood tests

Please please pray for sweet Jeffrey

My mom can't handle losing him

Attachments

Ah im so sorry to about him . He looks so sweet and angelic. I will say a prayer for himand your mom tonight for quick healing. He's lucky to have the two of you looking after him. Hugs and kisses

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Bailey21

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So sorry to hear about your moms sweet Jeffrey baby is not feeling like himself. Sending prayers and healing vibes to Jeffrey, your mom and yourself. Hugs to all 3! How wonderful of your mom to save his life, how such evil people exist is beyond me.

Hoping that the vet will find the cause of his fever and some proper medicine will have him feeling back to his self. Please keep us updated.:sorry:

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh dear, I'm so sorry to read. :cry: Sending much positive and healing vibes over your way!
I hope they can figure it out and clear it up asap so he can recover well and go home to snuggle and cuddle again with your mom again.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sorry to hear your mom's Jeffrey isn't feeling well. Sending lots of healing vibes to Jeffrey and positive vibes to you and your mom @Yoda mom . Keeping all fingers and paws crossed he will get through this. Please keep us updated

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Omg, I'm so happy to read that @Yoda mom
I hope it stays stable now and that Jeffrey can continue being his old self again for years and years to come. :love::love::love:
Big hug!

plesse keep my mom's Jeffrey in your thoughts and prayers -

Yesterday I was spreading the remainder of 15 yards of mulch in this Florida heat soaked from head to tail -

My mom called crying that something was terribly wrong with Jeffrey -
He was laying up along the house not moving :(

I rushed over soaked in sweat calling the vet on the way right about closing time ..
worried he had been poisoned , hit by a car , heat stroke etc ?
Running through my mind

Scooped him up into his Crate - saw no visible injuries - he was clearly not right .

Got him to the vet - he had a fever of 103.9
Unknown cause per the vet after the exam
She did not believe it was poisoning or trauma -
We loaded him up with subQ fluids
He was such a good boy - big boy 16.7 lbs ( spots on his belt perhaps Bengal in his lineage )

My mom had found him several years ago by the woods abandoned , skinny -
from evil people that left him behind to die

He is my mom's baby - he acts like a dog , gets the newspaper , mail with her etc
Such a loving boy - she has tried to make him an indoor only cat - he stays in for hours and sleeps in bed with his head on a pillow - then He has a panic attacks to get out early in the morning

He is up to date on shots , flea medication etc
I clean his ears , trim his nails etc
He is such an amazing cat .
my mom's true companion after her best friend true love husband passed away .

The vet said of no improvement today they will run blood tests

Please please pray for sweet Jeffrey

My mom can't handle losing him
I will keep little Jeffery in my prayers for a good recovery. I hope he gets well soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh my goodness. I'm so pleased to read that Jeffrey is okay. Belated hugs and kisses.