Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Purchasing Sphynx Kitten in FL, any recommendations?!

Vio

Lairian
Hi all!

My husband and I are currently interested in purchasing a new Sphynx kitten once our new home is completely finished estimated September. We live in south Florida and I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations on reputable breeders in the state? We don't have a set budget as long as we get a healthy kitten. Any advice and information is greatly appreciated!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome...and good luck enjoying your journey toward your first Sphynx. I am sure someone will be sending you a PM (personal message/conversation) with a breeder near you. Just research and make sure you feel confident the breeder is not about the $ but is instead about the welfare of the breed.

Patti

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Vio and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck on your sphynx journey! Please enjoy the community! (y)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Vio -Welcome! So glad you found the Lair!
I am also in Florida and have a wonderful wrinkly healthy Claire Bare from a Florida breeder..I sent you aPM :)

stefanie412

Lairian
I would definitely go on Facebook and look up Bad Catteries Around the World. They are a great source when looking for a reputable breeder, because they tell you which breeders to stay away from! When you do find a breeder do your research! Google them, yelp them, look them up on bad catteries. You can never be too careful. Adopting a sick kitten can be heartbreaking and purchasing from a bad breeder, unfortunately, promotes the breeder and keeps them in "business".

FeyAngel

Lairian
Welcome Vio! I am sure some folks in the know of the area will send you messages with breeder recommendations. Good luck in the search for your baby! :)

Back