Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

R.I.P. - Callie my Cornish Rex

btfeick1973

Lairian
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
200
Points
41
This weekend she was her normal self, even playing with the younger ones and the laser.
Monday she was sick, Tuesday she was at the Vet for testing and Wednesday I found out she was in kidney failure and ended up putting her to rest. It went so fast with no warning and out of the blue.

Callie was 14 and she was crazy and silly and could be snotty and cranky, but she was ours and we loved her.
We will miss her and so will her kitty sisters. :cry:
 

Attachments

  • callie and me.jpg
    callie and me.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 115

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2012
Messages
5,993
Points
393
So sorry for your loss !! Rip Callie. Hugs to you.
Loved my cornie so much too, he was my baaaaaaby!!
 

Yoda mom

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
30,578
Points
653
@btfeick1973 , ((( hugs))) I am so sorry for your families sudden loss of your special friend Callie.
No time is ever enough..
To set them free with selfless love, to be their voice when they can't speak ,
To take the pain so they don't have to ... Is the hardest part of love with our babies
The rainbow bridge has a very special angel Callie
Fly free high and whole at the bridge sweet ^ Callie^
She is in your hearts forever and ever..
 

Yoda mom

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
30,578
Points
653
@btfeick1973 ,
((Hugs))))

Forever and ever...

"Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them,
I just am......forever and ever and ever."
 

nettie1221

Lairian
Joined
Apr 25, 2012
Messages
20
Points
24
I lost my Sphynx Potter in a very similar situation. He was running around fine and playing with his brother one day, the next day he was cold and shaking we took him to the emergency hospital and he had gotten an abscess in his intestine. It was too close to his colon to correct and we ended having to put him down suddenly. I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you. It is very hard to loose your baby.
 

btfeick1973

Lairian
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
200
Points
41
Thank you for all the wishes.
I must go to the Vet today and pick up her cremains.
It's been two weeks and I'm still wanting to call her or look for her when I get home.
I know it will get better as I have been through t his before, but it's never the same.
She is with her sisters that have gone before her and were waiting beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
 

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
May 7, 2013
Messages
2,722
Points
368
Thinking of you. I know it will be a very sad time, but think of the good times you shared. She will always be in your heart and memories.
 
Back
Top