Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Raphael was in Emergency

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My poor little Raphel who eats everything ate a twist tie. I took her to the emergency pet hospital where they did an x-ray. Yup, the twist tie was there. So my choices were 1) they could give her something to make her puke; or 2) hope it passes through her body without causing damage. I chose 1) puking. So that is what they did and she puked and the twist tie came out. Now we are back home and she is sleeping on my lap. I feel awful about it but sure am happy the twist tie came out.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Yikes. I am happy to hear the twist tie came up! I am sure you were freaking. These guys get into everything. And have trained us pretty well over the years to leave nothing out lol. Yesterday my husband built a computer on the kitchen table with my niece and nephew. OMG a Sphynx’s dream and my nightmare. Screws, wires, plastic baggies, plastic ties and every other little thing that a cat would love. I sat and just policed the table and countertops full of “stuff” while they had a blast. I turned my back for a second and Azura was licking my niece’s Oreo lol.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Annejo12 oh you poor love I bet it was up there with one of the most scariest times of your life !!!
I too would have made the same choice as you , don’t feel guilty for one second ! You did everything you could and got a good out come , she will be feeling a tad sorry for herself I’ve no doubt ah ha
No one likes to be sick it’s horrible ,
My two seem to find ear buds and chew on them even though I think I’ve desposed of them correctly now I am going to have to be even more careful after reading your thread
I do hope she is over the situation soon she is fortunate to have such a good mummy
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone. It's like having kids all over again! The vet was certainly caring and fantastic. I was also happy that they will send a report and the x-ray to my own vet. So happy we have an emergency hospital here.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi again I tell everyone and anyone who will listen to me lol
My Cleo is a lady in every way possible
But Mr Billbo Bagins is a juvenile delinquent ah ha
He will end up at the naughty boys school lol ( joking aside I just love the cheeky side to Mr Bagins he make me laugh everyday )

Their personalities are so very different , we are however hoping some of the gentle side of Cleo will rub off on him lol
Xxx ❤️❤️❤️

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Annejo12 , omg (((Hugs)))))) phew ...
That must have been terrifying
I am so glad the the twistie tie is out and no surgery !
I have to remove the twisties and even the plastic tabs from bread loaves now

Head smooches to Raphael and a big hug to you!

I swear they get into everything -
The other night my Toby tried pulling off my pendant off my gold chain when I was asleep!

We all do our best to kitty proof for life but these stinkers get creative

Thank you for keeping us updated ...
we worry like one of our own -
All lair babies are family

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Annejo12 , yes the Birthday girl certainly was a freshy eating a twistie tie!
So glad she is fine :)
Head smooches

Oh , ps-
I have to hide the dental floss amd throw out the used ones in a lidded trash !
Another members kitty loves toothbrushes!

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Annejo12 , yes the Birthday girl certainly was a freshy eating a twistie tie!
So glad she is fine :)
Head smooches

Oh , ps-
I have to hide the dental floss amd throw out the used ones in a lidded trash !
Another members kitty loves toothbrushes!
You have your hands full...!

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Annejo12 , hello :)
How's Raphael?
Raphael is fantastic! Hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary recently!

I just got back from 2 weeks in Denmark. My husband (who is allergic to cats) did very well with her. Even sent me selfies with her cuddling him! Lots of hand washing for him! I made arrangements with my vet for him to drop her off once each week so they could wash her face and clean her ears. These cats are pretty resilient. She sure has been loving me since I got home!

StacyD

Lairian
Glad Raphael is no worse for the wear. I thought Ace was bad, his love for receipts and all, but now I realize I'm lucky since he normally doesn't eat anything else.

moodyxmoon

Lairian
I would have opted for puking at first two - twist ties are pretty sharp on the end! Better out than in ! Im glad Raphael is ok !

annaleemv

Lairian
I'm glad you caught that in time! My cat also loves twist ties, but luckily she doesn't eat them. I'm so glad Rafael is doing well and everything turned out well. Give Rafael a hug for me.

Back