Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Rude awakening

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ButterBall is pretty good about waking me up in the middle of the night with headbutts and licks. Most of us are probably familiar with that behavior. Usually a little persistent nudge can limit the behavior to just a few minutes making it easy to drift back to sleep. Well, I decided a new tactic. I decided to just cover my head up with my blanket. That wasn't a good idea. ButterBall mistook my action as an invitation to play. He came in with claws out and pounced my head. One of his claws got me on the lip and it started bleeding. ouch!! Now I can't fall back asleep!! That little varmint.

Brooke

Banned
ButterBall is pretty good about waking me up in the middle of the night with headbutts and licks. Most of us are probably familiar with that behavior. Usually a little persistent nudge can limit the behavior to just a few minutes making it easy to drift back to sleep. Well, I decided a new tactic. I decided to just cover my head up with my blanket. That wasn't a good idea. ButterBall mistook my action as an invitation to play. He came in with claws out and pounced my head. One of his claws got me on the lip and it started bleeding. ouch!! Now I can't fall back asleep!! That little varmint.

HA! I've learned - through trial and error - the best thing is to lie perfectly still and wait for the attack to be over. Any movement, no matter how tiny, under the blanket, always ends up with me being pounced on!! ...hope your lip is ok!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL: I don't know but for some reason I picture butterball straddeling your head like a cat would a turkey :LOL:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
ROFL Haley did the EXACT same thing to me this morning! Oogie was declawed on all 4 feet when I got him :Dizzy: I'll never understand why someone would feel the need to mutilate a cat like that - But at least I don't have to worry about his claws! Teeth on the other hand.....well that's another story!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lol i can't even keep Kreacher in our room when we sleep because he thinks it's playtime and will spend a persistent amount of time trying to DIG into the sheet. The thing is he doesn't give up. The only way to stop it is to kick him out of the room :)

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can't believe how rambuncious your kitties are at night! Piglet is so easy...as soon as I go to bed, she goes right underneath the covers next to me and sleeps all night. Sometimes she'll have her head on my pillow and her body underneath the covers just like a person...she looks so cute...LOL! :Adore: Of course Piglet is quite a bit older than your kitties, being 9 years old. I bet your young cats will settle down once they get a little older.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Ours are all young 2 are 2 and 1 is 1(we think) and they do the same as piglet under the covers they go as soon as we go up stairs they just follow and kiss goodnight:Sleep::Sweet-angel::Adore::Kiss: thank goodness because we value our sleep.

Brooke

Banned
Yeah, I sure miss that about Harold. All I had to do was say "bed time" and he would go right to bed and snuggle up in my arm pit and sleep all night. Walter thinks when I turn the lights off it's time to go into attack mode!

The little snot is sleeping right now, conserving his energy so he can run across my head all night long!

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
After reading this I feel fortunate to have a good sleeper at 3 1/2 monthes old! He is a little restless when we first lay down but such a pleasure after that. Its so nice to have him sleeping there with me. There goes my love life, lol!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Love life? Well we have learned that on those "special nights" the kittys get thrown out of the room. Sorry! If you throw them out for the night, I promise, the kitty will still love you in the morning!:Laugh:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I thought Meecho was doing better with the sleeping thing but I keep hearing otherwise. When I go to bed I swear she is next to me and gives me a kiss and closes her eyes. When I wake up in the middle of the night she's still there. In the morning she wakes me up. Makes you think she's actually there all night right? Well apparently she is sneaky with me and when I pass out she takes off and attacks others in the house and then sneaks back in like nothing happened. I've been told that I better keep her locked in our room at night so she stops attacking everyone else, but if I do that she keeps crying at the door when she has to use the potty so I leave it cracked open. This is going to sound so awful but....at least I'm sleeping :Laugh::LOL:

Back