Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ryuu, my sweet sweet Peterbald

RyuusMom

Lairian
Joined
Aug 9, 2013
Messages
43
Points
24
A few days ago I posted for some help with my Peterbald.
But sadly we weren't in time. He was due to go back into the vets and they tested him and he was positive for FIV. We were told he had been vaccinated by the cattery he was rescued from (yes rescued).... Obviously that was a lie. We were too late to treat him and he was so terribly thin. :( (I know there isn't a cure but if it had been caught in time, we could have given him a longer and healthy life... But sadly, that just wasn't the case this time. The vet thought he'd been sick for at least a year. We had NO idea. He seemed to get sick out of no where, and declined rapidly)

Ryuu passed peacefully from euthenasia Sunday night around 9pm

Not long after I posted my help post, I ended up in the hospital. I was in there for two days and I wasn't going to be out until Monday. I got out on Sunday. Well, since they had estimated Monday, I told my roommates to go ahead and take him in, because he didn't need to suffer. So they snuck him into the hospital so I could say my last goodbyes to him.

Thankfully they let me out a day early and I was able to hold and comfort him in his last moments, surrounded by those that loved him.

He would have been 6 on the 29th.

He was the love of my life. My Familiar. My kitty soulmate. I feel so lost without him. He was my son. My child. He helped me through so much. And I feel so helpless. All I could do was hold him and watch him go.

I miss him so much already. My heart is still breaking for him...

1016390_649868915024889_882827879_n.jpg
 

ZiggyStardust

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2011
Messages
4,611
Points
368
I am so very, very sorry for your loss. You gave him a great gift: a loving home and a final release. He will be forever in your heart. ::HUGS:: to you.
 

Retro Kitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Joined
Aug 28, 2012
Messages
814
Points
168
Your post brought me to tears. I’m so sorry for your loss. He’ll always be with you in spirit and I’m sure he’s thankful that you knew when it was time to let him go.
 

pashtcat

Lairian
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
161
Points
76
This post made me cry! I am so sorry for your loss, I understand the close bond one can have with a special kitty. FIV is an evil disease that steals our babies from us - I too have lost due to it. I know you don't know me, but if you ever need someone to talk to you can message me.
 

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2010
Messages
6,201
Points
643
So Sorry for your loss. At least you got to be there for him. And I'm sure he appreciated the time yiu had together.
 

ElvirasMum

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
4,979
Points
338
I am both so terribly sorry for your loss but so happy you have wonderful roommates that snuck him to see you. I think you both needed it. *hugs*
 

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
4,679
Points
583
So sorry to hear of your little buddy. I am glad you got to see him and be there for his final moments.

Jen
 

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
12,083
Points
653
A few days ago I posted for some help with my Peterbald.
But sadly we weren't in time. He was due to go back into the vets and they tested him and he was positive for FIV. We were told he had been vaccinated by the cattery he was rescued from (yes rescued).... Obviously that was a lie. We were too late to treat him and he was so terribly thin. :( (I know there isn't a cure but if it had been caught in time, we could have given him a longer and healthy life... But sadly, that just wasn't the case this time. The vet thought he'd been sick for at least a year. We had NO idea. He seemed to get sick out of no where, and declined rapidly)

Ryuu passed peacefully from euthenasia Sunday night around 9pm

Not long after I posted my help post, I ended up in the hospital. I was in there for two days and I wasn't going to be out until Monday. I got out on Sunday. Well, since they had estimated Monday, I told my roommates to go ahead and take him in, because he didn't need to suffer. So they snuck him into the hospital so I could say my last goodbyes to him.

Thankfully they let me out a day early and I was able to hold and comfort him in his last moments, surrounded by those that loved him.

He would have been 6 on the 29th.

He was the love of my life. My Familiar. My kitty soulmate. I feel so lost without him. He was my son. My child. He helped me through so much. And I feel so helpless. All I could do was hold him and watch him go.

I miss him so much already. My heart is still breaking for him...

1016390_649868915024889_882827879_n.jpg

Hugs to you. I'm so sorry to be reading this. :Sad::Cry:
 

KhaosKatze

Lairian
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
15
Points
54
I know how much you loved and cared for Ryuu and as you know I will always be an open ear and heart to talk to you. If it was not for you I would not have my Gizmo because you suggested cat rescue and I found him and I cant thank you enough for that. I believe the wonderful people in this community will also be supportive and you will make some new friends and connections. Big hugs from me and Gizmo!
 

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2011
Messages
4,609
Points
348
I am so sorry. What a wonderful last gift you gave him and I am glad you got to be there with him. I wish he hasn't been so ill, and could have recovered.

Hugs to you. We are here if you need us.
 

susi794

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
13,556
Points
673
Bless you for giving him the final gift there was left to you to give him--to help him ease across the Bridge surrounded by the love of his family. I am so sorry for your loss and I know how much it hurts to lose your heart cat. But I also believe you will see him again someday. Give you heart a chance to mend a touch and then get another cat--not to replace your darling Ryuu, but to honor his memory by sharing a love that is too good to waste. Find another cat that needs your special kind of love.
We are here and we totally understand your sorrow,
Susi and the gang
 

Kat&Pugcrayzee

Lairian
Joined
Nov 23, 2011
Messages
31
Points
19
I am saddened to hear about your sweet Ryuu.

He looks just like my PB Neytiri.

I am glad that you did get to be with him one last time. You gave him the most precious gift of all, dignity in his travel to the Rainbow Bridge.

Bless you for saving him and showing him what real love and caring was.
 

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
3,345
Points
348
So sorry for your loss....so glad you were there to let him feel your love. It is a tremendous loss to loss a kitty they are like our children ((HUGS))
 
Back
Top