Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sad News

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, what a whirl wind of a week this has been :( I'm now unemployed, and will probably not be bringing my kitten home after all - I still owe $500 on him, and since I just got laid off, I've got to tighten my belt and not spend money on anything I don't need until I can find another job. I've filed for unemployment, but I know that'll be just a small fraction of what I was making before.

My cousin also just lost her baby, he was born with only a brainstem and it's amazing he's lived this long - He was 21 months. He was an amazing kid and did some amazing things that you can't imagine - He laughed, he smiled, he was a real character! My cousin is just lost, both her and her husband have been living off of savings to stay home and take care of this baby!

In addition to both of my grandmothers being so ill, I'm wondering when I'll catch a break!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, Lydia, what a tragic turn of events for you and your family! I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all of this at the same time. That sucks about your job; hopefully you'll be able to find another one soon. What about the deposit you put down on the kitten...will you be able to get that back? Sounds like you could really use the $$ right now for other things. Sorry also about your cousin's baby and your grandmothers....I'll be praying that an angel will watch over you and your family.

PitRottMommy

Banned
I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Be happy you've got a chance to be around your grandmothers during this time. I lost my grandfather last November. My grandmother had fooled the entire family into believing that he was recovering from a prostate issue when he actually had a very aggressive form of cancer. His passing was a surprise, and a very harsh reality, for all of us. I never had a chance to say goodbye. While your situation may not seem like a blessing now, it may actually be for the best. Keep a bright outlook.

Brooke

Banned
I'm so sorry to hear more sad news, Lydia. When it rains, it pours...you are indeed having a tough year.

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry about all the sad news.
I have some also but have not told this group about it.
Can the breeder hold the kitten until you can come up with the money.
My stepmom is in Hospice 99.7% brain dead.
She has been that way since May.
Then a few days ago I found out my friend in Arizona died in June.
My sisters boy friends father died in May and so did his grandma.
I now how terrible you feel.
I hope everything gets better for you.

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Life is so full of peaks and valleys. But with every down there must come an up. So things will eventually turn around for you. Hey one day you might even be able to look back and say it happened for a reason, as I feel everything does, even if it dose not feel that way now.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm really sorry to hear about all your troubles. I wish there was something I could do for you. If I had the money I would send you the $500 for your little boy in an instant. I know how hard it is to lose family. I have lost many of my family including my father when I was eight. We actually buried him the day before my ninth birthday and in June my Stepgrandfather passed away and we buried him on my birthday to make things even more hard. If you need anything please let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help you. For now I will keep you and your loved ones in my thoughts.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm really sorry to hear about all your troubles. I wish there was something I could do for you. If I had the money I would send you the $500 for your little boy in an instant. I know how hard it is to lose family. I have lost many of my family including my father when I was eight. We actually buried him the day before my ninth birthday and in June my Stepgrandfather passed away and we buried him on my birthday to make things even more hard. If you need anything please let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help you. For now I will keep you and your loved ones in my thoughts.
That's really sweet of you to even say you'd offer me the money if you had it!!! I haven't talked to the breeder yet, but I doubt she'll give me my deposit back. After all, she's had alot of interest in Piglet, he's a beautiful boy, and I know she'll have no trouble finding him another home! Even if she'd work with me on streatching out payments or whatever, it wouldn't make a huge amount of difference - There's still shots, check ups, and everything else that comes with a new kitten, and I don't know how I'd get anything extra to pay her on top of all the normal kitten expenses, things are going to be really tight until I find another job. I just don't think right now is going to be the best time for me to bring another animal into my home as bad as I want to!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support, I really do appreciate it! I know things will get better, I just have to keep moving forward. They'll be other kittens other times, but it's breaking my heart to give up THIS kitten that I've already fallen in love with!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It is to bad you have to give him up.
Maybe the breeder can use the deposit towards another kitten later on.
It is a long shot but worth asking.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It is to bad you have to give him up.
Maybe the breeder can use the deposit towards another kitten later on.
It is a long shot but worth asking.
That's an idea I didn't think of!!! I'll have to ask her if she'd do that and see what she says. I know she plans to breed Piglet's mom again next year to her own really handsome Grand CH male, as of right now he's never been bred.

Back