Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sarah 1997-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I did what every pet owner dreads. I drove my Collie mix, Sarah to the vet and watched as she went to sleep forever.

She was 13 years old, mostly blind and had lost feeling in her hind legs. She'd stopped eating and wanting to go for walks. She just laid and cried.

I staid with her until she was gone, I told her I loved her.

We rescued Sarah when I was 10, she was terrified from being abused in her former home. We taught her how to live. I taught her to fetch, took her for walks, I even slept outside with her sometimes.

I wish it didn't have to be the end, but it is. She was in pain and no matter how bad I feel it was for the best.

I'm going to donate her dog house to someone in need. She would have liked that.:Cry:

susi794

Staff member
I am so sorry for your loss, eventhough it was the kind thing to do, the hole it leaves in your heart is a formidable one. Rest in peace, little Sarah...no more pain, no more suffering.

Bless you for loving her enough to help her cross the Bridge with someone she loved.
Susi and the gang

Gizzymom

Banned
I am so very sorry for your loss. Your beautiful words are a heartwarming tribute to your baby and the love the two of you shared. I'm sure Sarah is so grateful for being such a great mom for many years and especially at the end. You stood by her side and watch her leave this world with grace. You should be so proud of yourself and know that Sarah will live forever in your heart and in your memories. :Cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back