Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Saw these guys on Petfinder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doriansmomma

Lairian
Hey guys, I was being curios on petfinder & there are some BEAUTIFUL poor babies looking for homes so I wanted to post as I noticed there are some members from NJ!

Buster&Rodney
Sphynx (hairless cat)
Medium Adult Male Cat

More About Buster&Rodney
These two Sphynx boys lost their home when their owner passed away. They are bonded brothers about 4,1/2 years old. They crave human companionship and true to their breed are very sociable and affectionate. Adopters should read up on the special care required for Sphynx, or have experience with owning the breed. Buster and Rodney need to stay together and love to sleep side by side or curled around each other. They need to live in a warm environment and love to get under covers when cold. Despite their hairless bodies, they are not considered low maintenance, and require bathing, grooming, and occasional nail trimming. They are an unusual pair, not for everyone.... but a joy to know. They will remain in foster care until adoption.

Buster&Rodney is up-to-date with routine shots, house trained and spayed/neutered.
My Contact Info

* Somerset Regional Animal Shelter
* Bridgewater, NJ
* 908-725-0308

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I know someone on the Sphynx Rescue list I'm on is trying to adopt them, but she lives out of state and hasn't gotten an answer yet as to weither or not they'll adopt out of state or not.

Brooke

Banned
Geez, between these 2 and Max, if I only lived in New Jersey, I think I'd have 3 more new sphynx's...:LOL::Wink:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
See, that's my problem Brooke - I need a bigger house, unlimited budget, and about 5 acres of land so I can take in all the dogs and Sphynx (As we all know, Sphynx can't simply be called a cat!) I want LOL

silly4lilly

Lairian
See, that's my problem Brooke - I need a bigger house, unlimited budget, and about 5 acres of land so I can take in all the dogs and Sphynx (As we all know, Sphynx can't simply be called a cat!) I want LOL

ahhh these guys are like 10 mins away from me!!!!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I cannot go look at the site. I'm still really depressed about Max. Everytime I see his picture I want to cry :Cry: One day I know I will get another sphynx it's just so hard when I want so many of them now! :Angry:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm in the same boat as you guys, kallie and silly4lilly....I'd love to get another sphynx but I just don't have the room. I live in a small townhouse and barely have enough room for the three cats I have now. Besides, my fiance would KILL me if I brought home any more pets....he says I have too many right now! :Dizzy:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
i know i feel so bad. i wish i could. my apartment is way too small :Cry:
and the two sphynx i have keep my hands full!
Well, I can certainly understand that point! But then, I have no husband, or even a boyfriend, so my animals get my undivided love and attention! I'm spoiled!

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If I had my own house, instead of living at moms, I would so take them in. It breaks my heart everytime I see a sphynx in need of a home and I can't help. One day I will be able to!!

In response to luvmysphynx and Brooke; I just tell people he is my little man, probally the best man Ive ever had! I just read "He's just not the into you" and that was his advice, get a pet they are better than men lol!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My mom keeps pestering me asking me when I'll find someone - I tell her when he comes to me with 4 legs and a tail :ThumbsUp:

LOL! That's too funny, Lydia. Yeah, who needs men? Besides, pets give you MUCH more love. :Adore:

Seriously, though, it's never too late to meet someone...I met my fiance when I turned 40! For all the complaining I do here on this forum about my fiance, he is in reality a really great guy and he does treat my pets very well, even though he's not a cat guy. However, I keep telling him that if I ever had to choose between him and the cats....well, he better start packing...LOL!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hehehe, well, I'll admit, I did have a very special guy in my life at one point, I lost him to cancer, and, honestly, nobody else has ever met my standards - When I met him, he was as involved in doing agility and shows with my dogs as I was! It was great, I sure miss him, but the short time we spent together was enough to last me the rest of my life if I never meet another guy that special - And honestly, I'm quite ok with that, Oogie and Pharoah (my male rescue Afghan Hound) are all the man I need in my life!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hehehe, well, I'll admit, I did have a very special guy in my life at one point, I lost him to cancer, and, honestly, nobody else has ever met my standards - When I met him, he was as involved in doing agility and shows with my dogs as I was! It was great, I sure miss him, but the short time we spent together was enough to last me the rest of my life if I never meet another guy that special - And honestly, I'm quite ok with that, Oogie and Pharoah (my male rescue Afghan Hound) are all the man I need in my life!

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved so soon. I do understand what you're saying.....once one has been with their soulmate, no one can ever really take their place. I think that if something was to happen to my guy, I'd be the same way....he's the best and no one can ever come close. However, like you, I feel so fortunate to have my kitty babies...they love me in a way that is so special, it fills my heart with joy every day. It sounds like you have the same special relationship with your animal babies, too. :Smile:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved so soon. I do understand what you're saying.....once one has been with their soulmate, no one can ever really take their place. I think that if something was to happen to my guy, I'd be the same way....he's the best and no one can ever come close. However, like you, I feel so fortunate to have my kitty babies...they love me in a way that is so special, it fills my heart with joy every day. It sounds like you have the same special relationship with your animal babies, too. :Smile:
Ya, my animals have always been a big part of my life and who I am - I miss my beloved every day of my life, but if anything, the love I had for him only intensified the love I had for my 4 legged babies. He was special, it's not often you find someone so perfect for you - we met in vet tech school, we where different enough to not bore each other, but had enough in common there was always something to do we'd both enjoy. He was the kind of guy who'd give an absolute stranger the shirt off his back. You know what they say - only the good die young, that's why I'll live until I'm 150 ROFL I'm to darn mean and honery to die young :Wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back