Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sex of sphynx owners

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just wondering if there are more female owners than male. Seems to me its mostly woman who have won over their bf/husbands. I am single, and want to find someone who already likes them and doesn't think I am a crazy cat lady. We need to start a dating site for single sphynx owners but I am scared it will be all women!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I had one guy pick me up at my house for a date, he was sititng on my couch waiting for me and Jack sprung over the couch dug his claw in the guys back, launched himself on top his head and did a lovely swan dive off his head onto the other couch.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I had one guy pick me up at my house for a date, he was sititng on my couch waiting for me and Jack sprung over the couch dug his claw in the guys back, launched himself on top his head and did a lovely swan dive off his head onto the other couch.

It sounds like Jack didn't like him. Trust the cat's judgement. The only time one of our cats attacked anyone it was when we had an insuarance agent come over for an estimate. Tanker clawed the man under the table while he gave his speil. Needless to say we didn't go with his agency.

We purchased Gollum when my husband and I first moved in together because he is allergic to cats and I didn't think I could live without one. He loved our trio and had a special bond with Gollum.

susi794

Staff member
For what it's worth--I've been breeding for a couple of years, and I actually have sold kits to more men than women. Several single guys (all young), a couple of gay couples, and about half the families that buy I am contacted by the husband because he wants the kitten. So, I think you've got a shot at meeting someone who likes them already.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Here is what my dating profile would say if I had one.

Hi, my name is Mike. I am a straight 35 years old single male, 5'8" tall, and bald.

The End

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Female here on the Lair but the love for Sphynx runs avid through our house! My boyfriend wasn't overly crazy about getting a Sphynx as he has severe cat allergies and we found this was the only breed he could be around and his eyes and throat wouldn't swell shut. I'm a crazy cat lady and have always had atleast 2 or 3 furred babies around me and special circumstances lead me to have to move in with my boyfriend very quickly. Since I couldn't be without a kitty I began my search for my frist sphynx baby! She was 8 months old by the time I found her but that was okay...I had my kitty!!! My boyfriends son thought she was ugly and weird (he is a weird child anyway, so that didnt surprise me) and Jimmy didn't seem to care one way or the other at first as long as I was happy. Then about 4 days in I came home one day to find him asleep with her and cuddeling with her. It was such a Kodak moment. He woke up saying, it was so nice to cuddle with her and not swell up and feel miserable! He's been in love ever since and our second kitty is his idea!! He wants a kitty that follows him around like Snuffie does with me. lol I hate to tell him but its not gonna work but thats okay....I get my 2nd Sphynx out of it!! lol
My kids are avid animal lovers like I am so they were ecstatic for me to get her. They think I've gone a little crazy making cat clothes and buying her a stroller but oh well. I need something to keep me busy!! lol

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My family thinks I am nuts and they only know about Jack. I haven't told them about the others. Good thing no one ever comes over LOL

J

Jinxlover

My hubby didn't want a cat at all much less one I had to pay for:LOL::LOL: He loves her now.. But it was me(female) that wanted the cat..:ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
Here is what my dating profile would say if I had one.

Hi, my name is Mike. I am a straight 35 years old single male, 5'8" tall, and bald.

The End
You are so much more than that. I've said it before, but I'll say it again--you have a good heart--it's so obvious in the way you love and care for Butterball. You are warm and friendly and have a great sense of humor. That is a lovely combination. If you are still single, it must be by choice. Butterball loves you and sphynxies usually have pretty good taste in humans.
(I happen to think we're all pretty darn special!)

Back