Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Smeagols New Jumper!

TotenEngel

Banned
Little Smeagol is still not very impressed with the clothing option, but it did take him a couple of hours to get out of this one!!
I am sure once he realises he is warmer he will like the idea, but at the moment, the minute I put anything on him he walks around like the weight of it is dragging him down!

We tried a nice big bowl of yummy food after putting it on, but he's still not convinced!

TotenEngel

Banned
I always drape them over him for a little while so they smell more like him and also pop them on the heater (the one he is sat on in the pics!) so they are nice and warm!
I think it really is him getting used to it at the moment so once he has wriggled out of them, I leave him be and try again in a day or two!
I wouldn't necessarily worry but its damn cold here at the moment (I feel the cold so my temp is a good indicator for him I think!) and I do see the occasional shiver so for now I am persevering!

Gizzymom

Banned
I always drape them over him for a little while so they smell more like him and also pop them on the heater (the one he is sat on in the pics!) so they are nice and warm!
I think it really is him getting used to it at the moment so once he has wriggled out of them, I leave him be and try again in a day or two!
I wouldn't necessarily worry but its damn cold here at the moment (I feel the cold so my temp is a good indicator for him I think!) and I do see the occasional shiver so for now I am persevering!

Gizmo is naked all summer long, so yesterday was the first day he wore a sweatshirt. He did the butt drag for about 10 minutes and was fine. The key is, Kat, to get clothes that are too "fitting" for them to wriggle out of.

By the way, what is on Smeagol's shirt??

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Smeagol doesn't look very happy lol. But he'll get used to it soon.

I figure that if I'm cold walking around nekkid then Pedda must be really cold cause her body temp is several degrees higher. But I take her clothes off when I"m not home, I'm scared she'll somehow get tangled up or hurt.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nudie does the "Butt Drag" when I get sweaters that are too itchy or clothes that have really rough seams in them. I've tried to dress her from the start but the sphynx have a mind of their own:LOL: Nudie Loves Smeagol's shirt- very sexy:Woo:

TotenEngel

Banned
@Gizzymom I am tending to buy things too big for him at the moment as he is growing so quickly! He has grown 2" round the chest in the last month! And the bling on the back is the company name I bought it from! (With some swirly bits too!!)
@Marlene I also don't leave him in stuff when we are not around as I am worried he'll get tangled, but then he seems to manage to slip out of everything fairly effortlessly at the moment!!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well it sure does not affect Smeagl's appetite. My first Sphynx looked like she could not stand it touching her back and would walk with he stomach dragging. So funny to watch. She eventually got used to it and I turned into a crazy cat clothes designer making all kinds of outfits for her. (All based on movie stars). I loved her Catrin Heburn outfit. :LOL:

Morticia

Lairian
Morticia acts really weird when she has clothes on. She lets me put the sweaters on (it's damn cold in the UK now !!) because I think she likes the warmth, but she becomes sooooo lazy!! She doesn't behave like a kitten and sleeps ALL day! I thought it was the sweater, because usually shes hyper all the time so I tool off the sweater last night and she was herself again, jumping and playing.

Any of your kittens behave like that with clothes on??

TotenEngel

Banned
Morticia acts really weird when she has clothes on. She lets me put the sweaters on (it's damn cold in the UK now !!) because I think she likes the warmth, but she becomes sooooo lazy!! She doesn't behave like a kitten and sleeps ALL day! I thought it was the sweater, because usually shes hyper all the time so I tool off the sweater last night and she was herself again, jumping and playing.

Any of your kittens behave like that with clothes on??

Smeagol tends to sulk and slink around, but you're right, its damn cold here now!! I feel the cold so tend to just his temperature by mine! I'm trying to get him used to it a few hours at a time and hoping he will come to appreciate the extra warmth!

Back