Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

some of my favorite things....

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was just holding Bronxe and it got me thinking of some of my favorite things about my babies... What's yours???

Bea- Bea is our little princess girl. She loves her baby but the moment she thinks i'm going in the kitchen she hurry and jumps on the table and does her little "i'm too cute to make a real,loud annoying meow" haha. she has this tiny cute little meow. i love it!

Winny- she's our feisty girl. When we're in bed at night and she's comfy she will meow, hiss, growl and sometimes bite if you move haha. she's so bad! :) but i love that whenever i wake up in the middle of the night she's always nestled in my arm pit with her head rest on my arm pit/shoulder area.

Bronxe- oh, he's my lover-boy. i thoroughly enjoy holding him in the infant baby position. he'll usually holding paws out and (oddly) run his nails/paws though my hair!!! sometimes i look down and see him just looking up at me. and this is why i know he loves me as much- if not more- then i love him!! (which is dang near impossible!!)

Gizzymom

Banned
I was just holding Bronxe and it got me thinking of some of my favorite things about my babies... What's yours???

Bea- Bea is our little princess girl. She loves her baby but the moment she thinks i'm going in the kitchen she hurry and jumps on the table and does her little "i'm too cute to make a real,loud annoying meow" haha. she has this tiny cute little meow. i love it!

Winny- she's our feisty girl. When we're in bed at night and she's comfy she will meow, hiss, growl and sometimes bite if you move haha. she's so bad! :) but i love that whenever i wake up in the middle of the night she's always nestled in my arm pit with her head rest on my arm pit/shoulder area.

Bronxe- oh, he's my lover-boy. i thoroughly enjoy holding him in the infant baby position. he'll usually holding paws out and (oddly) run his nails/paws though my hair!!! sometimes i look down and see him just looking up at me. and this is why i know he loves me as much- if not more- then i love him!! (which is dang near impossible!!)

This post was so beautiful that I had to tell you it gave me the warm and fuzzies!!

Since I only have one baby, I have chosen 3 favorite things:

1- I love how Gizmo will come stand near my face in bed as a hint to snuggle. I wrap him in the covers and snuggle next to him and immediately his motor starts running (purr). His purr puts me to sleep so easily and most of the time, I will wake up 5-6 hours later in the same position with Gizmo in the same spot in my arms.

2- I love how Gizmo knows my morning routine and follows me through it. He sits on the vanity while I am getting ready, follows me downstairs to make his breakfast and my lunch, he follows me to put my shoes on (cuz that's when I give him treats), he follows me to the door, and runs to the window to watch me drive away. Then most of the time, he is back at the window when I am coming home from work and I can see him yowing (meowing) like crazy.

3- I love how if I am doing something at home that does not include him, he tries to steal my attention. For instance, he will sit on my computer keyboard, try to climb on a book I am reading, or goes in another room and yows like crazy (like he is being killed) when I am on the phone for more than 5 minutes!!

He is SO demanding and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!
Thanks again, klreese, for making me think of these things!!! :Adore:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Some of my favorite things about owning a Sphynx again:

I love....

... having a cat who insists on cuddling up under blankets.

...catching a glimpse of that classic Sphynx silhouette shadow on the walls.

...finding brownish smudge marks on my heaters.

Bella07

Banned
... having a cat who insists on cuddling up under blankets.

I just realized that I already own two dogs who sleep under my covers at night. When I get a Sphynx, I guess I'll be having three pets under the covers! Problem is, my dogs hog the covers, all the time. I wonder if Sphynx are cover hoggers as well....If so, I think I'm really going to need to invest in a king size bed, so that we can all fit!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Some of my favorite things consist of:

Snuffie always comes in and cuddles around 2am, she somehow gets under the covers and under my arm so I'm hugging her and I wake up at 5am every morning with her paws wrapped around my neck and her licking my neck, face or nose. Its always so sweet.
I also love how after she eats in the mornings that she comes and sits with me and snuggles up under my snuggie and purrs away - we then take a snugglie nap until 9am or so. SoBe also usually finds herself a place amongst our cuddles.
I love how Snuffie "mamas" SoBe, if SoBe has dirty eyes then Snuffie will clean them or gives her a bath when needed. If SoBe crys when I'm bathing her she will also come running and yell at me for making SoBe whine about her bath. lol
I love how they beg for their canned food 1 hr before its time to eat - Its so cute and sad all at the same time. This always engages playtime so I can get Snuffies mind off of food.
I love how when Jimmy comes home from work, the girls go running up to him to give him kisses and say hello - they are like little kids, its so cute.
Much much more but this is all for now.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree this is a great post!
some of my favorite things are:
1. When Nudie wakes me up in the am by stroking my face with her paws (no claws)
2. The sound of her meow when she really needs me
3. When she snuggles with me at night
4. Her unconditional love!!!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I just realized that I already own two dogs who sleep under my covers at night. When I get a Sphynx, I guess I'll be having three pets under the covers! Problem is, my dogs hog the covers, all the time. I wonder if Sphynx are cover hoggers as well....If so, I think I'm really going to need to invest in a king size bed, so that we can all fit!

You are definitely going to need a bigger bed.

tessblack

Banned
Tux-the way he stares at me with those eyes, his funny head tilt stare after he shakes his head (inner ear issue), his moobs, belly. When he head butts me when I am getting things out of the safe. The way he smells, when he tea bags the hubby, when he is clumsy but trys to sluff it off, his loud purring and how cute he looks in clothing.

Twitch-so gentle and will stand on her hind legs to rub her head against your hand, always wants to sit with me, will sleep in my armpit with her head on my arm. When she stand on the bathroom counter and helps me get ready, she is just so sweet.

And they both use the toilet!

Gable

- The way he always seems to know when someone is upset and is always right there to offer snuggles.

- When he comes to bed and curls up in a Sphynx ball right up next to me.

-The way he "talks" in little chirps and "brrrrrreee" noises.

Amaryllis

- She will purr if she is just near you, whether you are touching her or not.

-I love how she like to jump on our shoulders and cuddle up to our neck.

-The soft down she has on her body. You can't really see it but it makes her oh so soft. I just love to cuddle against her!

Gizzymom

Banned
Gable

- The way he always seems to know when someone is upset and is always right there to offer snuggles.

- When he comes to bed and curls up in a Sphynx ball right up next to me.

-The way he "talks" in little chirps and "brrrrrreee" noises.

Amaryllis

- She will purr if she is just near you, whether you are touching her or not.

-I love how she like to jump on our shoulders and cuddle up to our neck.

-The soft down she has on her body. You can't really see it but it makes her oh so soft. I just love to cuddle against her!

OMG!!!! How could I forget the chirps and "brrrrreeeee"s??? Love them!!! :Adore:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love all of these!!! and can relate to so many!! :)
I think with everyone's post i said "OHHH I LOVE THAT TOO!"- except the going on the potty- WHICH I WOULD LOVE :)

JacksMom

Banned
Things I absolutely adore about Jack:

that he is a super cuddly boy;

that when I say "lets go night night," he enthusiastically runs and jumps into bed and he won't have any other spot other than up against me under the covers;

that he's my shadow and when I take a shower, he cries outside the curtain for me to come out;

that when he's cuddling with me, he frequently looks up at me making goo goo eyes while I sweet talk to him;

he is oh so considerate...he wakes me up every morning at 7:30 like clockwork...he gently sticks his nose in my face and touches me with his paw, HOWEVER, like today, I had nothing to do and went to bed VERY late, so at 7:30, I told him "no, jack, go night night, and he listened and curled up next to me....so, I didn't wake again till 11:07 (I never sleep THAT late!) and he was still quietly sleeping next to me...my heart melted! I kissed him and he practically jumped up (he was sooo ready to get up!), and I said "you want breakfast (his once/day wet food)?" to which he bolted to the kitchen...breakfast was 3.5 hours overdue, but my boy wasn't complaining!

last but not least....well, my boy is a crazy beggar for food or anything he sees me put in my mouth, however, every time I have had guests and they eat (whether in the kitchen or the living room), he never bothers the guests....only me! It's the strangest thing, but I am soooo not complaining!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bragging rights - YES.
I love it when Dinka watches my every move. Like studying me in case he turns human, then he would know how to do it.
I love the feel of his soft paw pads against my face as he gazes into my eyes ---- melts my heart.
The snuggles at nap time and bed time.
Our morning play time with the hair bands. Eyes big and wide.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love this string :Adore:

I love the way I can yell "Blue Blue FRONT!!" and no matter where he is, Blue comes running to my feet and looks up with the cutest expression. And how he loves to be held like I'm burping a baby, but he only does it on left shoulders because he's quirky.

Bayleigh I love that she will be buried deep under layers of blankets, where I can't see her. All I have to do is walk in the room and whisper in the tiniest voice, "I love you, Bayleigh Sage" and her great big motor turns on and I can find her. And I love that she wakes me up precisely 10 minutes before my alarm goes off with headbutts and kisses.

My favorite thing about Kienna (RIP) used to be his big-boy voice. He had a very strong, clear meow. All of the other sphynxes I've had have little peeping cries. Kienna would always greet me at the back door with a two-syllable 'MAH ow!!"

There are so many favorite things about these animals that I can't name them all!

susi794

Staff member

This post made me really tear up....I know you love Bronxe so very much. Then I read the rest of them and they all made me cry too...what a great string!
My favorite thing is listening to the loud purrs coming from my kids as they somehow all climb on me, rearrange themselves a few times, and finally settle down on me somewhere while I'm sitting in the recliner. I love how they thunder into the dining room when I call out "C'mon Guys!" --my cue to them to come for dinner. And I get mad at her, but can't help laughing when Lulu looks me right in the face after I have told her not to do something, and does it anyway--then tilts her head, bats her eyelashes and goes "Maaaah!" at me. It melts my heart every time. I love so many things about them--I can't imagine life without them. They are my heart.

beeblebrox

Lairian
I have a kitty that loves to sleep at my feet. I love tickling her with my toes.

I love how my crazy odd eye girl screams at everyone who comes near her except my son. She lets him put his finger in her mouth and she growls and chews on him.

I love when the babies turn about 3 weeks old and start getting their feet starting to peddle. I love feeding kittens raw for the first time.

I love when I go to the bathroom.. and Blaise runs in after me and rolls around on the carpet in front of him so I can rub him with my feet while I go potty :)

I love when kittens suck on me.. I love it more when their new mommies tell me they suck on them too :)

Thanks for bringing up this topic. It was nice to think about them in this way :)))

Avasmommy

Lairian
I have a kitty that loves to sleep at my feet. I love tickling her with my toes.

I love how my crazy odd eye girl screams at everyone who comes near her except my son. She lets him put his finger in her mouth and she growls and chews on him.

I love when the babies turn about 3 weeks old and start getting their feet starting to peddle. I love feeding kittens raw for the first time.

I love when I go to the bathroom.. and Blaise runs in after me and rolls around on the carpet in front of him so I can rub him with my feet while I go potty :)

I love when kittens suck on me.. I love it more when their new mommies tell me they suck on them too :)

Thanks for bringing up this topic. It was nice to think about them in this way :)))[/QUOTE

While I was using the bathroom, my chihuahua Wee-Man (RIP) would come poke his nose as far as he could under the door, lay his head to one side and look under the door, no matter what place we lived in, he would always do this. I would look down, hear him "snuffing" like he was making sure it was me who was in there, and I would see his nose, and a big chocolate brown eye staring at me. I called him my peeping tom.

Another thing I never knew of until my current husband told me is that some days when I left for work, he would sit at the door and let out such a sad howl. Then he would hide the rest of the day until I came home. No potty breaks, no eating, just hide all day. I later found out he did this when I was with my x husband as well. He and I were so connected. *Sigh* I miss him so much some days.

Last but not least is that he had emotions. When I scolded him, he would go sit near a corner, and cry. Big 'ol crocodile tears would be coming out of his eyes. And he would smile. Mostly for my mom, when ever she walked in through the door he acted like he hadn't seen her in decades! This HUGE cheesy grin would pop up on his face, teeth showing and all. I have some super cute pictures of it.

There are many more things that make me smile when I think back on them, like when we first brought my daughter home, he checked on her constantly. Thank you for making this thread!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love how Pedda is always waiting at the door when I get home from work, dancing in circles and chirping at me - even though she knows there won't be any touching until I get my shower and into clean clothes. It makes me feel so welcome.

We have an odd bedtime routine. I go to bed and start reading a book. It used to be that was my "alone" time with Little Ren, cause Pedda never comes to bed right away. She dinks around for about half an hour, then jumps right on me (usually landing on the arthritic hip, of course). Then she comes and licks my arm and when she's sure it's clean she gets nice and comfy by laying across my neck. I put my arms around her and rub her while we both get drowsy. Then when I roll over she waits for me to hold the covers up so she can crawl under to her normal sleeping place right behind my knees. She'll stay behind my knees until I wake up or until she decides to wake me up, whichever comes first. I love our bedtime relaxing but it's really so lonely when I first go to bed, being there all alone. I've tried to get her to come to bed sooner but she just doesn't want to.

Love how she puts her hind legs on my lap, then lays on her side against me, stretching up so her head is against my shoulder. Then she reaches her little paw up and rests it against my neck. And she purrs like a crazy thing the whole time. She's just so happy and relaxed and it makes me melt cause I can tell how much she loves being with me.

I love how she talks to me all the time. Constant little chips just to let me know what she's doing. And I love her purr, sometimes she gets so throaty it's almost a growl.

Could think of a million things but those are the first ones that come to mind. I love this thread.

Back