Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Someone on here has to get her....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooke

Banned
I picked her up and will post pics tonight. She is getting used to the others here (shih-tzus and 1 sphynx). I have only had one cat in my life, my current Sphynx, so I am new to introducing 2 cats to each other. They are avoiding each other, and a lot of "growling" and hissing, but they don't fight. I am thinking they will quickly love each other. She slept on her blankie the whole 2 hour drive home, she is so precious! She is scary thin and "sneezes" a lot and breathes a little heavy, so a trip to the vet is in order tomorrow. She is so loving though, always purring and wanting to cuddle! I will keep you guys posted and put up some pics.

Congratulations! A very strong word of advice, you should keep her separated from your other kitty for a few days and at the very least until you've had her seen by your vet - and tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV. Especially if she's sneezing - she could be sick and pass it to your other sphynx. Not only for the health benefit, but it will be a much easier transition if she gets comfortable in the new home in her own "sanctuary space" first and then is very slowly introduced to the rest of the family. Do you have a spare bedroom you could keep her in for the next week? If she is sick, the added stress of a new family will very likely make it worse.

Best of luck!!

susi794

Staff member
You should keep her isolated--she sounds like she has an upper respiratory infection and maybe herpes--don't let her around your other cat until about 7-10 days. If she has something, she can make your other cat very sick. Take her to the vet ASAP, and start her on lysine if you have any. Good luck and I hope she works out for you. But please guard your other cat until you know if she's communicable.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations! A very strong word of advice, you should keep her separated from your other kitty for a few days and at the very least until you've had her seen by your vet - and tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV. Especially if she's sneezing - she could be sick and pass it to your other sphynx. Not only for the health benefit, but it will be a much easier transition if she gets comfortable in the new home in her own "sanctuary space" first and then is very slowly introduced to the rest of the family. Do you have a spare bedroom you could keep her in for the next week? If she is sick, the added stress of a new family will very likely make it worse.

Best of luck!!

Definitely separate her now and wash out food bowls etc she's touched as a precautionary matter. If she's sick then she's going to get your other cat sick. The heavy breathing and sneezing sounds like a uri, get her to the vets tomorrow.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats! I'm glad she has found a home with you. Hope her vet visit goes well.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so glad you got her!! keep us informed as to how the vet visit goes tomorrow. I cant wait to see pics!

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yikes....sounds like you got a mess going on!! I hope that the vet visit turns out well. Keep us updated and we will cross our fingers that it is nothing a little antibiotic can't cure!!:BigSmile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree with everyone else.
Keep her seperated or you may have another sick ct.
Look what happened to Susi.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree with everyone, nothing worse than sick babies...

Let us know how the vets visit went.

Congratulations as well, I hope evrything is good and clear for you all.

X

susi794

Staff member
I agree with everyone else.
Keep her seperated or you may have another sick ct.
Look what happened to Susi.

And that is AFTER I kept my new Lulu seperated from the rest for (Lord, I can't remember now if it was 7 or 10 days) AND took her to the vet for her "sniffles" which I thought were then cured--only to return a week later... Lulu is approaching the world's most expensive kitty.:Hysterical::Dizzy::Sweat:

Cyovez

Lairian
Awe, bummer. The ad is gone. We are in Michigan also looking for a Sphynx. =[

Congrats to whoever got her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back