Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

SPECIAL needs cat-located in michigan

fourtimesnaked

Lairian
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone who could take on a special needs sphynx. His name is Maks. He is 7 years old. When i got him in 2016- he came to me with a whole slew of issues which at the time i didnt know i was getting a sick cat. He has had a very very tough life.

Maks has sneezing/respiratory issues that have never been figured out. When he sneezes, its full blown snot like a human. No vet has been able to get it under control. He has tooth issues which two times in the last 5 years of owning him, he has had 2 surgeries and 8 teeth extractions. He also cannot be free fed- he eats three meals a day. Maks was either starved or not fed the right food in the past because when he eats, he eats so fast and swallows whole food he often vomits. I have tried slow feeders, putting things in his bowls to slow him down..He doesnt vomit every single time he eats. He also always acts like he is starving and that is definitely not the case. When I got him he was severely overweight, he went on a diet and since has been able to maintain a healthy weight. Maks also has seperation issues. He is very very attached to people. Leaving him alone is rough. Luckily we have 3 other sphynx and I think that helps. Maks also is on a sensitive stomach food because of ongoing stomach issues of loose stools. Another thing vets cannot figure out. I am currently pregnant and taking care of him is getting to be too much. I dont want any judgement because this is very very hard for me to post. I love this cat with all of my heart. I need to find someone who is willing to deal with a sphynx with issues and is willing to love him despite his flaws and issues. I am willing to chat more with anyone who is interested. I am located in the thumb area of Michigan. Please help.

Attachments

• 25E9286A-C2FB-407B-866D-406FF64B7862.jpeg
    25E9286A-C2FB-407B-866D-406FF64B7862.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 2E1B9A59-F3C4-4B54-973E-A6DA0CF90B54.jpeg
    2E1B9A59-F3C4-4B54-973E-A6DA0CF90B54.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 26A2CF5B-9CE4-4D50-B3C5-1166F9745112.jpeg
    26A2CF5B-9CE4-4D50-B3C5-1166F9745112.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 4DFBE16D-74A4-4B44-B4BA-C6B35FE86791.jpeg
    4DFBE16D-74A4-4B44-B4BA-C6B35FE86791.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 110

Genferguso

Lairian
He is so handsome! We definitely would have been interested, but I actually just recently found my first furless baby from someone rehoming on here, so I do know it works! Best of luck I hope other members reach out. I know its always hard finding a new family for a pet, they're family, it's a hard decision but I am sure you will find the perfect new home for him. Congratulations on the baby, exciting news!

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It's a heartfelt decision so no judging. I already have 3 or I might take him. Those issues aren't bad; it sounds like he has an upper respiratory infection and needs to eat mushy food. Congrats on the baby.

Sphynx Cuddles

Lairian
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

It is clear this has been a hard decision for you and that Maks has been very lucky to be part of your family for several years. You have helped him overcome many obstacles, and I am sure you will find the right loving home for this little guy!

The only “judgment” you’ll get from me is that you have done well be this boy and are making a loving decision that is hard, but in his best interest.

fourtimesnaked

Lairian
He is so handsome! We definitely would have been interested, but I actually just recently found my first furless baby from someone rehoming on here, so I do know it works! Best of luck I hope other members reach out. I know its always hard finding a new family for a pet, they're family, it's a hard decision but I am sure you will find the perfect new home for him. Congratulations on the baby, exciting news!
thank you so much

fourtimesnaked

Lairian
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

It is clear this has been a hard decision for you and that Maks has been very lucky to be part of your family for several years. You have helped him overcome many obstacles, and I am sure you will find the right loving home for this little guy!

The only “judgment” you’ll get from me is that you have done well be this boy and are making a loving decision that is hard, but in his best interest.
absolutely in his best interest. thank you :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@fourtimesnaked ,hugs n head smooches for your heartfelt decision. surely members will chime in to interview. he is adorable. several of us have adopted from members. I still stay in touch for nearly a decade with my adoptees mums. kudos to you for giving thorough info on his health needs for the best possible fit.

fourtimesnaked

Lairian
@fourtimesnaked ,hugs n head smooches for your heartfelt decision. surely members will chime in to interview. he is adorable. several of us have adopted from members. I still stay in touch for nearly a decade with my adoptees mums. kudos to you for giving thorough info on his health needs for the best possible fit.
thank you so much! thats awesome you stay in touch. i can only hope for that as well.

Stephsphynx

Lairian
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone who could take on a special needs sphynx. His name is Maks. He is 7 years old. When i got him in 2016- he came to me with a whole slew of issues which at the time i didnt know i was getting a sick cat. He has had a very very tough life.

Maks has sneezing/respiratory issues that have never been figured out. When he sneezes, its full blown snot like a human. No vet has been able to get it under control. He has tooth issues which two times in the last 5 years of owning him, he has had 2 surgeries and 8 teeth extractions. He also cannot be free fed- he eats three meals a day. Maks was either starved or not fed the right food in the past because when he eats, he eats so fast and swallows whole food he often vomits. I have tried slow feeders, putting things in his bowls to slow him down..He doesnt vomit every single time he eats. He also always acts like he is starving and that is definitely not the case. When I got him he was severely overweight, he went on a diet and since has been able to maintain a healthy weight. Maks also has seperation issues. He is very very attached to people. Leaving him alone is rough. Luckily we have 3 other sphynx and I think that helps. Maks also is on a sensitive stomach food because of ongoing stomach issues of loose stools. Another thing vets cannot figure out. I am currently pregnant and taking care of him is getting to be too much. I dont want any judgement because this is very very hard for me to post. I love this cat with all of my heart. I need to find someone who is willing to deal with a sphynx with issues and is willing to love him despite his flaws and issues. I am willing to chat more with anyone who is interested. I am located in the thumb area of Michigan. Please help.
Hi! Maks is a handsome boy! If he's still available I'm interested in giving him a new loving home❤ Please email me and we can chat more about him. [email protected] thank you!

Klcklc1285

Lairian
Hi Everyone,

Please tell me u still have Maks! I want him. I am an experienced sphynx owner and I am a stay at home mom! I’m home literally all the time except when Zi go to Walmart-mart or the park. Please message me. 270-577-5120

Sheldon13

Staff member
Please tell me u still have Maks! I want him. I am an experienced sphynx owner and I am a stay at home mom! I’m home literally all the time except when Zi go to Walmart-mart or the park. Please message me. 270-577-5120

FYI user has not been on since 4/29, so you may not get a response.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Quitaboo222

Lairian
Hi Everyone,

Is Max still available?

Quitaboo222

Lairian
Hi Everyone,

Is Max still available?
Hi Everyone,

Is Max by chance, still available? If so, I'd be very interested. Thank you.

Back