Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx in need of loving home (Denver, CO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSalmon

Lairian
Why?:
Due to the change in policy at my apartment complex I will need to find a loving home for my sphynx. I am asking a re-homing fee of $250.00

Yoda is a loving, 3 1/2 year old boy. He is extremely intelligent and quirky. He loves to cuddle and take his baths. He is great with other pets and children. Yoda truly has one of the best personalities of any pet I've ever had. I will include all of his sweaters, toys, enclosed litter box, deluxe feeders and vet paperwork with him. Please contact me by cell if interested:  (972) 281-7201

Photos of Yoda are in my gallery.

Kind Regards,
Kay

Last edited by a moderator:

Evalily

Lairian
Dear Kay,

My goodness Kay......Why do not you move and take yoda with you?! This is sad news!!! For me it s loosing my baby. No way for me.........

Evalily

Lairian
Or take a lawyer, sorry for my second post. I m concerned....and it s a rediculous change in policy.
I saw your loving photo s with Yoda.
Think twice Kay, you will regret it!

Grrrrr Lily

Last edited:

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Though I'm sure you have looked into it I have to agree with Evalily here. I don't thing policy changes would be enough for me to part with my babies.
Nevertheless, I hope he finds a wonderful home if you really have to give him up!

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
He should be grandfathered in. They can't make you get rid of an existing animal especially if it is not causing any damage.

I would call the tenancy board before finding a new home for Yoda. Let us know, I would hate for you to give him up needlessly.

carakris

Lairian
I'm so sorry that they are trying to make you give up your baby, I hope you can find away around it and able to keep him. If you must give him up I'm sure you will find the perfect home for him, If I lived closer to you I would be happy to take him.

Lillyfuzz

Lairian
I would raise hell if I was you. No way can they make you get rid of your pet when he was allowed before. I agree that he should be grandfathered in.

*Eryn*

Lairian
I agree with everyone else. If you signed a lease that stated you were allowed an animal with you, I would put my foot down and tell them to shove it until your lease is up. But I understand that isn't always possible, and having to come up with the money for a new security deposit and first and last months rent and moving expenses can be hard, and not always doable. I hope you can find a way to keep your kitty, but if not, I hope someone nearby rescues her, and you can stay in touch.

Graddydani

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Poor Yoda :Sad: Please let us know if you have found a way to keep him. It's wonderful that people are looking to re-home or rescue sphynx but when your sphynx is so prefectly at home, he loves you and you clearly love him you should do all you can to keep him. He is going to be so confused.

Babysinsane

Lairian
Not sure if you have had to move yet or not,but this is what I did a few years ago.
The same thing happened to me only 2 months after moving into my apartment. It was devistating. I wasn't about to give up my baby but I couldn't afford to move again either. I got a letter from my doctor stating that because of anxiety issues,it was medically necessary for me to have my cat as part of my therapy to help keep me calm. It was total BS but it worked!
The others are right,you will regret it if you have to rehome your baby. Talk to your doctor and see if they can help you. Explain your situation and they should be able to give you the paperwork you need. It's worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back