Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Streesed need to vent

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so my husband Admin is in a meeting today at work so I can't call him to complain:Hysterical:
He was there for the first part of my day and day 3 of waking up and coming home to our dog Sidneys poop all over the house. Yup and he gets up first has his coffee and steps over it waiting for me to get up and clean it. So ok I am over that mopped the floor did a load of laundry made the kids lunch and got them off to school. Fed all the animals with Athena in our room with the babies I am now up to 3 different cat bowls :Sweat: Trying to keep the deal I made with myself and get to work by 9:30 I go up stairs get my clothes ready check the baby kittens for a bit and take a shower, ok going good I get dressed and start drying my hair and smell something that could be a skunk but it seemed close, so I walk around house:Question: sniff sniff (nothing) check all animals (everyone is good) ok it must have been from outside blowing in. Go back to bathroom continue to dry hair smell comes back :Struggle: so I repeat above steps and nothing???? Back to bathroom and drying my hair and OMG I get it :Badly: Some one went pee in my basket I keep all the bathroom stuff in, my brush, blow dryer, lotion ect.ect. needless to say it was back in the shower for me I was covered in cat pee:Angry::Badly::Frown:
I am thinking it was Deejay because he seems to be doing this alot and I feel bad for him because I think it is his way of claiming his space and telling Leo he wants his space and so on. Man I new 2 male cats could be hard but this is just crazy. I feel bad for him but can not take much more of this, and don't think it is fair to DeeJay to be under stress from Leo????

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Inadvertantly contaminating yourself with cat piss is a rotten way to start your day. <sending chocolate>

Do you think Deejay is stressed by Leo or could it be the kittens and how their arrival may have disrupted his way of life? Some men are no good around children and revert to childish behavior themselves. :ThumbsDown:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Inadvertantly contaminating yourself with cat piss is a rotten way to start your day. <sending chocolate>

Do you think Deejay is stressed by Leo or could it be the kittens and how their arrival may have disrupted his way of life? Some men are no good around children and revert to childish behavior themselves. :ThumbsDown:

Thanks!!!!

and it's not the babies it has been going on for a while now I just keep thinking he will ajust, but he is not I have tried moving his food, litter ect just wherever his stuff is he pee's a barrier to guard it. I think he was in the bathroom this am and Leo was in the hall so he would not move and went in my stuff.

Bella07

Banned
I also think it is the new kittens. DeeJay can smell and sense them..and he's trying to make sure you know he's there and it's his home! I'm sorry that you're stressed. Try to relax! Take a bubble bath with candles! Good Luck :ThumbsUp:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I also think it is the new kittens. DeeJay can smell and sense them..and he's trying to make sure you know he's there and it's his home! I'm sorry that you're stressed. Try to relax! Take a bubble bath with candles! Good Luck :ThumbsUp:

It's not the kittens he has been doing this for a while now all over this today was just the worst spot and really got me.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sometimes we just can't help but take a big sigh and go on with the rest of our day. A week from now it's going to make one hell of a funny story.

I had to put Butterballs litterbox in the sink in the laundry room so Tyrone the chihuahua would stay out of it. Now Tyrone finds it necessary to poop in the laundry room.

susi794

Staff member
I know it shouldn't have, but this post has made me feel so much better...thank you for venting. I have been having so many issues with my cats and my dog lately--Moody is attacking Boo every chance he gets and I am afraid he will kill him, so now I rotate between who has to stay upstairs and who stays downstairs. A couple cats are still puking up the raw and they never puke just in one place--they start and continue to move until there is about 5 piles of it from each cat--and where I used to only have to clean it up downstairs, I now have to do so upstairs as well. My dog, Beanie has started peeing on the floor every morning, since I go to bed earlier now that school has started--his bladder is still in summer mode. So on any given morning I can come downstairs trying to get to the bathroom myself and step in a cold puddle of dog pee and slide through 5-6 piles of cat puke. I let my laundry get piled up last week, so I had two piles of it on the floor --sorting it for lights and darks. I got side tracked and walked away from it--a while later I went in to load the washer and the whole laundry room reeked of cat pee--I'm sniffing around trying to figure out where the smell is coming from, and Boo walks in the room, climbs up the pile of laundry and pees right into the center of it! And by the feel of it, he wasn't the only one to have done so. I'm stressed out with the new job--lots of issues there, and then I come home to a messy house with pee everywhere. I almost started crying--but what good would that do?
I feel bad for you ilovemysphynx, but it's nice to know I'm not alone in the great pee adventure.
Hang in there,
Susi and the Pee/Puke Brigade

Shauntay

Banned
Awww :( I know how horrible the pee issues can be :( and Im really sorry for you both! When muff was on prednisone he was urinating more then twenty times a day and he had no bladder control so peed in the house several times a day...even as we are on our way outside! A great dane pees A LOT!!! And Ive dealt with it with the cats too! When we went on vacation last year, for the first time since Ive had my cats...they must have been pissed off (literally) cause when we came back, someone peed on our bed every night for a week. So many nights of being exhausted from the day and crawling into bed only to realize im laying in urine! and then to wash everything etc, that always took 2 hrs...I was miserable! I hope the issue resolves itself!!!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh Susi I am so glad that this made you feel better, at least something good has come good out of this :LOL:
I am at my wits end with this and know it is because of 2 males. I thought because DeeJay is fixed it would be ok but obviously it is not. I think we are going to have to try to find DeeJay a new home with no other pets, I think after what he has been thru that would be best for him where he could be king and be spoiled forever. :Sweat::Cry: This is hard because our daughter really likes him she says it is her cat and he loves her sleeps in her bed and spend tons of time in her room, he even tolerates her dressing him up. I tried to move his litter and food into her room but he just peed all over her room.??
And Sidney well the poop is getting bad every morning and every afternoon when I come home from work, and not only does she poop she walks in it and tracks it all over the house. I left her out today when I went to work because before I was sprayed by the blow dryer full of pee I mopped all the floors again. I need pumpkin bad it is the only thing that has ever helped her she is still crooked but getting along ok.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh my...Does this means maybe Mickey will start peeing around the house when Linguini comes home?....:Woo: Linguini is 9 weeks old and not neutered yet but Mickey is.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If Deejay is already neutered then you may have the right idea in finding him a new home. The only time I've ever had litterbox issues (knock on wood) is when I had too many cats in the house and the cats were letting me know that the high number of felines was stressing them out. I cut back on the number of cats and the problems melted away. I think I got lucky though.

Oh I feel for both of you! Pee and puke sucks! When Gable was spraying on things, it was driving me crazy. And that was just one cat and I never got it all over me! I did switch my litter to Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract and that was about the time the spraying stopped. He seemed to be wanting to pee on things instead of pee in his box and the "attract" in the litter made him want to use his box.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG I feel for you guys. I would have gone bezerk and peed on every thing if I had to deal with what you guys have had to deal with. AAAAARRRRG. My blessings to you and your patience.:Wink:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My heart goes out to all of you who are having to cope with pee, puke, poo issues. I've been very fortunate with all my neutered males; it has been my Be-itchy spayed DSHs that have caused our litter box problems. Perhaps the Attract Litter is worth a try. If it doesn't work, then you may need to find DeeJay a quiet retirement home. Good luck.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
oh dear- i'd be at my witts end too! male kitties are so alpha!! but they're so loveable and worth it :) (well, maybe worth it lol)
Not sure i have any advice on behalf of the kitties.. but you said your pup was going potty around the house too... have you tried a kennel/crate? i was so against kennels until our bullies decided to eat... well... EVERYTHING. no.. seriously... everything! digital camera, laptop computers, framing, trim, litter, garbage, underwear, action figure/toys... oh, i could go on for hours! we finally figured out she had seperation anxiety! put her in the kennel when we leave and NO MORE issues!!
and while we are sharing stories.. how about this one: we have 4 puppies who are nursing... well fiancee thinks while on night duty (3am feeding) that he will lets the pup wonder the livingroom PEEING everywhere! and of course, not paying attention doesnt clean it up! so when i come in and do morning duty (7-8am feeding) i SIT IN THE PEE!!!!!! oh... but i dont notice right away... because it's only a little bit.. so i'm sitting in it for a good 5-10 mins before i feel my butt/thigh get wet!! and by then the pups are misbehaving and i have to keep making sure theyre on a teat!
ugh- animals!
(hope our smelly stories help you smile!)

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
:BigSmile:

Klreese I do use a crate for our newest but Sidney is our 11 year old boxer who had a stroke about 1 month ago and has ibs and with our pumpkin she just can not control herself:Cry:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
awe i'm sorry to hear about Sidney. I recently found a specialy pet store near me that sells "pet pumpkin"! They were on our local news. with Detroit economy being one of the worst they like to promote lots of local businesses on the news. Anyway, i called them right away and asked them about this pet pumpkin and they said it was just like regular pumpkin. The vet also recommended W/D canned food being "just like" pumpkin.. you could try that too. and esp now being fall, maybe you can find sound pumpkins for sale soon and carve them. My kitties love eating fresh pumpkin "guts"
(Pumpkin is so awesome!!)

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Oh goodness..I'm so sorry to hear this ilovemysphynx. I'd probably reach my wits end as well. I came close a few times this past week with my small gang but it wasn't nearly as bad as your situation.
I hope your able to find a resolve soon or a good home should you have to make that decision!

Back