Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sturdi Show Shelters

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I was curious what type of door is preferred for the show shelters. I think mesh would be good, but only if you have a non spraying cat. What are the half mesh/have plastic doors like? What do you have and would you get that door again if you were starting fresh?

Retro Kitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They keep the show halls here freezing. I was literally shivering uncontrollably at our last show and it was 95F outside. I don't even know how the air conditioners managed to drop the temperature so low in the building. lol
I have heat reflective mats in the bottom to help too. The cold may not be an issue in places where they don't crank the air conditioner down to 65F though.

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The only show I have gone to locally was fine temp wise, i guess I would have to be prepared for either too hot or too cold.

ZiggyStardust

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have the full plastic doors and would still get them again. They do help with the warmth, and I use a "millie" as their bed (millie is a donut bed made out of flannel with a lot of batting making it fluffy & puffy & warm) and they'll still want covered with a blanket some times. The show hall has been freezing more often than not. Only a couple of times was it comfortable, and once too hot that the maine coons were melting and the sphynx were loving it.

ElvirasMum

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
:Frown:
One of the mean people that had Mr Vito before Megs did took his nails away. With the rules, Megs would have to show him as a House Hold Pet, which is silly because Mr Vito is a gorgeous Sphynx!!!!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have just mesh but I was showing persians mostly. And I used to freeze or sweat at the shows.

Back