Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Thank you so much!

magber

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I want to thank all of you who remember I am still doing the waiting game with Princess Zelda and have pm me asking for an update.

Well, I am just waiting. Yesterday I was really sad. But I talk to my husband and told him to give me a brake. He just dont really believe in this type of sales and think there is always someone out there trying to rip you off, while I am more in the relax side... you know what I mean?
Anyways, I also talk to the guy and he took it well. I ask him to understand me a little and agree that there has been some issues that can raise flags.

After all, there is not much I can do but to pray and hope he is doing things right. He send me a picture today! :)

magber

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Forgot to attach the picture!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 52

Sphynx Happy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Zelda is so cute. Whatever your situation I hope your being careful about it. I wouldn't want you to get your heartbroken by not getting this sphynx. Thanks for the update. :Smile:

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Like many of the others, I've been wondering about your situation. Do you have another date set to get her yet? I do hope it all works out for you.

magber

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Like many of the others, I've been wondering about your situation. Do you have another date set to get her yet? I do hope it all works out for you.

Thanks!
We are aiming for this coming weekend. The doctor said she was kind of small and he wanted her to gain a bit of weight.
Now, here is a question for you with more experience...how do they know the right weight to be able to fly? I have looked everywhere and cannot find a place that state the minimun weight a pet has to be. Is that the doctors personal opinion? Sometimes just because they are not experience with sphynx they may think there is something wrong. Do you understand what I am trying to say? I would think that if she is not sick, eating and pooping well, active and 12 weeks or older she would be able to fly.

What do you think??

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
I won't let my kits go until they are at least 14 weeks old. I think the regulations are that the kitten has to be at least three months old---and flying them is really tough on them. If the vet felt she was too little, then be glad he wouldn't let her fly--it is very hot and I am worried about her ability to survive the flight as it is....are you flying her in a climate controlled cargo bin? I wouldn't agree to ship a baby in this weather. But I don't have access to a climate controlled airline cargo hold...Continental has one, but all I have access to is Delta and American. Kittens die in the cargo hold of an airline. She needs to have as much strength and tolerance as she can get. Wait until the vet feels it's safe--and then pray until you get her safely home in your arms. I know you are anxious, but let the vet do what he's educated to do. When I first was buying my cats, I wanted a kitten from this woman in Kentucky and she kept telling me she couldn't ship him because it was too hot--I thought she was scamming me. Little did I know then....and it has been record breaking hot around here.....I will be frightened until I hear you have her safely with you.
Praying all will be well and you'll get her soon--within a few weeks. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but she is a tiny baby and it's a big, hard trip for her.
Much love,
Susi

magber

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I won't let my kits go until they are at least 14 weeks old. I think the regulations are that the kitten has to be at least three months old---and flying them is really tough on them. If the vet felt she was too little, then be glad he wouldn't let her fly--it is very hot and I am worried about her ability to survive the flight as it is....are you flying her in a climate controlled cargo bin? I wouldn't agree to ship a baby in this weather. But I don't have access to a climate controlled airline cargo hold...Continental has one, but all I have access to is Delta and American. Kittens die in the cargo hold of an airline. She needs to have as much strength and tolerance as she can get. Wait until the vet feels it's safe--and then pray until you get her safely home in your arms. I know you are anxious, but let the vet do what he's educated to do. When I first was buying my cats, I wanted a kitten from this woman in Kentucky and she kept telling me she couldn't ship him because it was too hot--I thought she was scamming me. Little did I know then....and it has been record breaking hot around here.....I will be frightened until I hear you have her safely with you.
Praying all will be well and you'll get her soon--within a few weeks. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but she is a tiny baby and it's a big, hard trip for her.
Much love,
Susi

Thanks Susie!
We are sending her via Delta Dash. They are supposed to keep her in control climate. I want was is best for her even if I go bald in the process :) I guess Zelda and me will be matching then :LOL::LOL:

susi794

Staff member
Delta's compartments are only climate controlled as long as the motor is running---and they might have to be in the plane or on the tarmac in the heat for up to 30-45 mins. And then, even then, there are regulations about the temperatures in all the areas your plane stops in. Getting a kit shipped can be a frustrating experience--you don't know if the kit is leaving that day until the actual day of the flight....so try to be patient.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I want was is best for her even if I go bald in the process :) I guess Zelda and me will be matching then :LOL::LOL:

:Hysterical::Hysterical::ThumbsUp:
Praying all goes well and the timing is just right.
It is sooooo hot. I know, you would rather be safe, than sorry.
I also know, how hard it is, to wait. But, I agree with Susi.
My breeder, won't let her kits go until, 16 wks.
Then, the weather, has to be just right. I respect her for
that. She loves her kits. Best Wishes.

Back