Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

That Didn't Take Long!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So as many of you know, I retired from my job as a Fashion teacher in Las Vegas on May 25. We moved to Topeka, KS (if anyone wants to know why--because it isn't Las Vegas!) and yesterday, I accepted a job teaching Foods and Culinary in Topeka High School. So my retirement has lasted for a total of about 2 weeks! I have no idea how long I will work in this new job, but it should be fun.
Topeka High School has the most beautiful building I have seen in a school. It is actually listed as a historic treasure, and has an onsite historian and museum. The library looks like it came out of the Harry Potter movies. So this is shaping up to be a very interesting year.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Ooooh that's exciting news! Reminds me of my dad's retirement...that lasted 3 days. On his retirement party his old boss offered him new job and he said yes. They decided to give him some time of to enjoy his retirement...3 days:).

You're going for a new adventure that will bring lofs of smiles on your face!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congratulations! This may be too much to ask, but can you take a couple pictures of this awesome school? I'm really intrigued by your description.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you may be there for a little while :)

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lol congrats?! I guess not everyone is meant to relax. As long as you are happy!