Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
This is the online ad for the Tony Mandolin Mysteries. As for the FAQs, this website, www.tonymandolin.com contains sample chapters, character profiles, a blog by Tony himself and a lot more, all free of charge.

If any of the titles look interesting, simply send me an email at [email protected] along with the type of ebook reader you have, and I will gift you a copy of that book, or books.

As for writing a review, this is an example of one on my Amazon page for One Last Quiche:Okay, so this is the second installment in the Tony Mandolin books. In this one, we've got a deadly supernatural blackmailer poisoning San Francisco's high end eateries, offing customers like it's going out of style. Naturally, Tony gets called in on the case and the stage is set for a good urban fantasy/noir style romp. I've read both books in this series, and though I enjoyed the first one very much, this one was even better. I really dig the supernatural elements and they are much more prominently featured in this installment: an alcoholic wizard (who is supremely cool), fairies, pixies, trolls, and a shape shifting beagle. Its good stuff and very enjoyable, especially if you like your urban fantasy without so much paranormal romance (which I do). The cast of characters is also really fun; Tony is a great protagonist, and his partner, Frankie, is over the top fun to read. The author really knows his stuff so if you like your Urban Fantasy with a retro/throw back feel, then this should be right up your alley.

Full disclosure: I received a free copy of the book for the purpose of an honest review.

Attachments

• Series poster.jpg
    Series poster.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 35

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I PM'd you my email so you can send it. He has an iPad and I will forward to him. I fear he would delete it as he has no idea who wrote it/sending it. Thought best for him to have no idea of the author so it is a true review lol.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Cleopatra Beers Normally I don't read sf books or books like stephen king but these books look very interesting to me.
So I would love to read the first book but...I am not a native Engkish speaker. Of course I can read the English but don't know if I can make a very good review (I mean in good enough English). Of course I'll do my very best. Is that okay with you? I have a e-reader (kobo).
If you're okay with it I'll pm you my mailadress.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
As a fellow writer, I'd be happy to do a review on Amazon (DE, UK, US)
I can do Kindle, Mobi, epub, Pdf...you name it. (I tend to use Calibre to mangle my books into whatever format I want them in)

Back