Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The way my cat drinks

VeVeLove

Lairian
Ever since I have had Veve I noticed when she is drinking water or what ever else we are drinking that she makes a big puddle. I have had cats all of my life and have never seen a cat make such a mess. Anyways I went on line and watched a video of cats drinking in slow motion and they are supposed to lap it up. Well my flings it every where her tongue flicks it instead. I asked the vet and I got a look like I was crazy and he said my cat is fine. Just wondering why she is so special. If anyone know or has an idea?:Exclamation:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
They come in all different shapes and forms, and yes even their own drinking style!:LOL:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
1st I have to say, I love the name, VeVe. Very different & cute:ThumbsUp:
2 of my cats make puddles also. My Scarlet & my Owen love to splash their paws around in the water bowl. Owen does it, just because.... well, he's a troublemaker.:Dizzy: Scarlet does it but will then lick the water off her paw. My Daisy licks it off her paw also. They're all different. Just make sure she is peeing regularly:Smile:

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I guess they all have their little quirks, as long as she's getting hydrated it should be ok. We have a placemat under the drinking and food bowls to try and keep the floor clean, because Lucifer can make a mess of things sometimes :LOL:

VeVeLove

Lairian
I think VeVe is perfectly normal, kitty's all have many differernt quirks, so I would not worry about it ,other than maybe the mess!:Wink:

Normal I gave up on.:LOL::LOL: The mess yes she flicks it almost a foot. You can get a shower from your own glass of water. Its ok I like to be a little different. I am so glad we all share are love.

VeVeLove

Lairian
1st I have to say, I love the name, VeVe. Very different & cute:ThumbsUp:
2 of my cats make puddles also. My Scarlet & my Owen love to splash their paws around in the water bowl. Owen does it, just because.... well, he's a troublemaker.:Dizzy: Scarlet does it but will then lick the water off her paw. My Daisy licks it off her paw also. They're all different. Just make sure she is peeing regularly:Smile:

Awe that's cute for them to lick there paws. Maybe yours can teach mine a thing or two about cleaning her self. She only wants to lick us raw.:Smile:
And the peeing I wish I could make a booty plug.lol She eats and drinks so much its like having a baby every 2 hrs litter duty. Peaches my other cat is normal and not so funny but just a lover and easy.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuratu drinks the exact same way Butterball does!
He flicks it all over the place and spreads more on the counter than he gets into his body. He even gets drops on his face and chin....

Adventures of A Naked Cat

TwoSphynx

Lairian
Wow I've never thought about how sphynx drink? But I notice my boys are really neat and gently lap the side of the bowl. Eating is entirely different, they maul their bowl.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Awe that's cute for them to lick there paws. Maybe yours can teach mine a thing or two about cleaning her self. She only wants to lick us raw.:Smile:
And the peeing I wish I could make a booty plug.lol She eats and drinks so much its like having a baby every 2 hrs litter duty. Peaches my other cat is normal and not so funny but just a lover and easy.

When a Sphynx owns you... yes, it is like having a baby!:ThumbsUp:

Back