Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Things I Would Not Have Guessed My Cats Would Eat (Until They Did)

Schrodinger

Lairian
This is meant to be a group list, so everyone join in! I'll get the ball rolling:

Rice
Salad (with ranch dressing)
Spaghetti-O's
Spicy mayo
Baigan Bharta (Indian dish with eggplant, peas and tomatoes)
Ramen noodles (dry or cooked, we aren't picky)
Soy sauce
Herbal tea
Izze sparkling fruit soda
Cadbury Cream Egg (they only tried for this one, I got it away in time)
Popcorn
Popcorn
Whhyyyyy do they eat my popcorn?
Potato chips
Vegetable soup
French fries
Pickle juice
Olives

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Frida also loves popcorn. Especially smart-pop cheddar flavoured. She wants that sooo bad.
She had been so so hungry lately that it has been hard to keep up with the things she will eat. Including lettuce. Yes Frida ate lettuce.
Weird cat

meandmytwo

Lairian
Mine will nibble on any greens and most veggies that hit the floor... kale, spinach, iceberg, romaine, broccoli, bell pepper, you name it.... But they sit and guard it for a good while first which is quite entertaining, though not action packed in the least lol.

Luckily they never/rarely try for food on my plate. They will reach a paw up to my plate to pull it lower to see what’s there if I’m eating sitting on the sofa. They sniff and usually move on.

I discovered they like (to guard, bat around, nibble on) greens and other veggies as I’ve dropped a few on the kitchen floor during prep. Now if they are bugging me in the kitchen, trying to jump up (which they usually don’t as they’re pretty good/trained - as luck would have it), I will “accidentally” drop a piece or two. Works great for keeping them from jumping up. They’re happy, I’m happy.

Becky Curtright

Lairian
I had a cat that fought me for my plain soft granola bar. o_O

Have you ever seen a girl try to shove a whole bar in her mouth to prevent the cat from trying to eat a coconut granola bar? And don't even try to scold the cat...cause who just shoved a bar in their mouth like a kid? I have to do the same with Reece's. I will get black eyes if i don't.

My others usually just had to sniff every food and beverage before wrinkling their noses and allowing me to continue.

I also had a rescue I caught drinking my sweetened matcha one morning like it was milk.yuk. It got put down the drain. I now use lids on everything. But it was funny seeing her stick her head so far down in the cup and hearing weird drinking slurping noises.

Oh. And I have to hide the bacon. They love the real bacon crumbles you find with the salad stuff. I can't blame them on that one: bacon makes everything better.

Marleelianaxo

Lairian
Peach loves to eat broccoli! That’s a new one for her. Usually she loves her eggs, when my fiancé eats her breakfast she will get on his shoulder and smack any eggs from going into his mouth cause she thinks they’re hers!

RoseEllen

Lairian
This thread is so good for a laugh!!! So good!! Bruce has tried my coffee before and I’m certain he burnt his tongue. He also ate a stem off a fake plant and was choking on it until I stuck my finger down his throat to retrieve it.... the plant has moved to a much higher and inaccessible location. That was the scariest moment yet as a kitty mama. Hugs to those whose cats had to have surgery to remove foreign objects. Can’t imagine!!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mine will eat absolutely everything. I haven’t come across one thing I’ve been eating that Yoda hasn’t at least tried. Here he is his 3rd day home with us at Christmas dinner, his own spot at the table as part of the family eating sweet potatoes. He also likes stealing cheese popcorn from my mom.

Attachments

• F88DA47A-EE67-4E8B-9BFE-962E177BB0D5.jpeg
    F88DA47A-EE67-4E8B-9BFE-962E177BB0D5.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Mine will eat absolutely everything. I haven’t come across one thing I’ve been eating that Yoda hasn’t at least tried. Here he is his 3rd day home with us at Christmas dinner, his own spot at the table as part of the family eating sweet potatoes. He also likes stealing cheese popcorn from my mom.

Ya the little stinker always wants my popcorn

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back