Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Time to change the sheets

KushielsTart

Lairian
So I have a bad habit of laying in bed at night with my iPad and stylus. This morning I couldn't find the stylus, so I start pulling up the blankets to search for it. I swear there was about a half a cup of litter at the foot of the bed between the sheets. How the hell do they make it across the litter mat, the hardwood, two rugs, the stairs, and the carpet in the hall and bedroom with so much litter still in between their toes!!!?? Jeesh! :Hysterical: I'm off to wash the sheets now.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hahahahahahaha! love it! (mine is like that too!- but not all the space between the bedroom and litter pan)

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pedda does the same thing! I use Fresh Step and she manages to drag it from her litterbox in my computer room clear down the hall. Then by magic it falls from her toes the moment she jumps into bed and crawls under the sheet. I keep a little hand vacuum cleaner in there and suck it up before I get into bed, otherwise I wake up with kitty litter embedded in my butt and hips.

MikkiJean

Lairian
Lexi stands there at the litter box and rubs her paw on the side of it until all the little is out between her toes.... she hates the way it feels

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie has a pretty long walk from the litter box to our room. Every now and then I'll find a spare litter peice in our bed but I just flick it off and vacumn it up later.

sphynxluvr

Lairian
OMG!!! I hope Susi doesnt get mad at me,..... :Sweat:
but DEAR LORD!!!! Pruney is in there creating a MASTERPIECE!!!!:Hysterical: He can actually carve out SHAPES (Sculptures if you will)!!! I sware he has THUMBS!!! :LOL:He can throw litter over his shoulder, jump out of the box shake his feet and still bring half a ton into my bed down the hall and 3/4 of the way down the stairs..... :Surprise: I cant believe it! :Dizzy: Litterbox is his personal Playground/ art studio!! :Woo:
BUT OMG WE LOVE HIM!!!!:BigSmile:

Bella07

Banned
My litter box is only about 15 feet from my bed in the hallway, and as always, my furry two kitty's never carry litter to the bed. I guess that goes to show what the difference between hairy and hairless paws are then!

MikkiJean

Lairian
My litter box is only about 15 feet from my bed in the hallway, and as always, my furry two kitty's never carry litter to the bed. I guess that goes to show what the difference between hairy and hairless paws are then!

My furry cat actually tracks more litter than Lexi does. She gets it anywhere except for on the mat right by her litterbox. Louis on the other hand tracks it halfway across the room.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is too funny! I thought my sphynx was the only one who leaves litter pebbles in the bed! What really grosses me out is when our new kitten, Ishtar, jumps up on my lap after she has pooped in the litter box & accidently steps in the poop! YUK!

MontyBurns

Lairian
Lexi stands there at the litter box and rubs her paw on the side of it until all the little is out between her toes.... she hates the way it feels

Gosh, with Mr. Burns did that...there is always some litter in my bed in the morning, even after I inspect him before I go to sleep, darn his midnight potty runs!

Nair Bare

Lairian
And all this time I thought Peeve was the only cat to bring litter onto my bed.
But I must admit, Peeve jumps out of his Litter Robot and runs to his automatic waterer and WASHES his front paws. Yes, really he does!
Now I have to constantly keep cleaning the water fountain and pray when Peeve demands to go under the covers in the middle of the night, that his wet paws are ONLY from his hand washing. But his back paws can still bring litter into the bed.

He is such a clean kitten, maybe I can teach Peeve to do the laundry and run the dishwasher too?

But I must admit, Peeve jumps out of his Litter Robot and runs to his automatic waterer and WASHES his front paws. Yes, really he does!
Now I have to constantly keep cleaning the water fountain and pray when Peeve demands to go under the covers in the middle of the night, that his wet paws are ONLY from his hand washing. But his back paws can still bring litter into the bed.

He is such a clean kitten, maybe I can teach Peeve to do the laundry and run the dishwasher too?

:LOL::LOL::LOL: That is adorable!!! I have had the wet paws in my bed...I know it was not from washing in the fountain...:Surprise:

KushielsTart

Lairian

That is amazing! Can your cat come teach my cats to wash their paws when they come out of their own litter robot?

fezmarie73

Lairian
Duquesne is like MikkiJean's kitty - he has a special 'rug' (actually, a folded up beach towel) that he wipes his feet on. He wipes a good ten to fifteen times per foot before he leaves the litterbox.

I feel really fortunate - we're in a pretty small loft, and there's almost no litter tracking.

Nair Bare

Lairian
That is amazing! Can your cat come teach my cats to wash their paws when they come out of their own litter robot?

I'm sure Peeve would love to do a hygiene class for all his friends here. But right now, I am trying to figure out how to get him to clean his back paws too. Then I am goingto teach him to read and change the batteries in the TV remote.

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
My cats have to go across a landing and up a long flight of stairs to get from the litter box to my bed. Yet, somehow, I always wake up with litter in places litter should never, ever be.

My boy, Hyde, has paws the size of baseball mitts and he spend about 5 mins SHOVELING the litter around the box, with most of it landing on the floor. I'm not sure what he's trying to accomplish, but it's only when there's about 2/3's of a box of litter on the floor does he do his business in the box. He then climbs out of the box and kicks the litter on the floor ... I swear, he's the sweetest boy ever ... but smart? Not so much.

Teeka *hates* digging in the litter. She'll climb in and do her business and then dig at the side of the box, then climbs out leaving her ... deposits ... uncovered. Thankfully Zeke is a bit meticulous and has learned to go in after her and cover things up.

And then, apparently they all race upstairs and wipe their paws in my bed ... :LOL:

Back