Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Toilet paper destroyers take note!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Well well , I think I found a fix for Ms Claire Bare's fascination with toilet paper destruction -
most recently she chewed a chunk out of the side of the toilet roll instead of just unraveling it all over !

I folded a small wash cloth (coordinated color to towels lol amd draped it over the roll ! (like those metal covers I do not have )

Viola! 4 days and no toilet paper unrolled or chewed!
@Duglynukem , what do you think Cleo? :) lol

Last edited:

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well well , I think I found a fix for Ms Claire Bare's fascination with toilet paper destruction -
most recently she chewed a chunk out of the side of the toilet roll instead of just unraveling it all over !

I folded a small wash cloth (coordinated color to towels lol amd draped it over the roll ! (like those metal covers I do not have )

Viola! 4 days and no toilet paper unrolled or chewed!
@Duglynukem , what do you think Cleo? :) lol

Poor Cleo would love to be home playing with the TP but she was admitted to the emergency room this morning. She has been unable to keep food or water down. X-ray and other tests haven't revealed anything yet so they are keeping her on fluids and tranquilizers until they figure it out.

Yoda mom

Staff member
*** update

Well , smarty Sphynx pants Claire Bare is up to no good again!
She figured out the top amd sides of the toilet paper rill where covered with a cloth ,

So she decided to chew the roll from the underside! Yikes!
Chunks missing ! I hope she barfs it or passes it !

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Of all the awful things that Dash as done, he hasn't ripped up any toilet paper or paper towels (yet)..he is too busy stealing things (credit cards, ink pens, pill bottles, and scissors among only a few things he's taken and buried in his littler box.) I'm not going to let him see this tread or he'll get ideas of what to do next.:D

@Duglynukem I hope your baby Cloe will get better soon. :cat:

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Lynn W -- Hide your TOOTHBRUSH.
Since I got Jez last March, I've gone through 8 unscheduled toothbrush replacements. (It's in a travel cover now!)
Just sayin.

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
After finding my tooth brush in his litter box last year, I put the new one is the drawer. LOL:ROFLMAO:

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:bookworm: Think I'm going to inform my partner later on that from now on we won't be using toilet paper anymore :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(Just kidding, I kinda just want to see his reaction. Sphynx's are new to him too, taking over his heart one mischief a time :love:)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Duglynukem , lol I was just going to ad a pic earlier
- must be in their genes !

image.jpeg

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Yoda mom -- that last pic with the big kitty and TP was hilarious. I'm so glad you found a solution.

I recently had to travel and Hubby informed me that Min learned how to knock the bog roll off the towel bar (by pushing the towel against it until it fell). We now have our TP rolls stashed in the cupboards under the sink. sigh. Thankfully, unlike Max, she hasn't learned how to open the cupboards... yet. But man, she will eat a quarter of a roll or more in one sitting. She does it pass it, and for a couple days has the cleanest starfish around!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Silke -- we tried those bottom ones too... and Min still got into them. She is way too obsessed. I'm now looking for someone to make me both latched tissue box containers and bog roll containers. Some woodworker is going to make some money from me. ha ha

Back