Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Transporting injured pittbull

holly_savage

Banned
You know what, that is totally an awesome thing to do! I wish that stuff like that was available as volunteer options around here...(really small town, no ASPCA, no shelter:Cry:) Because I would love to that kind of stuff...if ever you hear of something like this that needs to be done in Ontario (and even in the nearby States), please feel free to contact me.

Good for you Gadzuk...I am giving you a HUGE thumbs up for helping out this poor litter guy/gal!:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Holly, a friend of my runs a GSD rescue and saw this transport in our area, it's the first time one has been close enough to participate in. If I get any passing by you, I will forward them to ya! I am so happy to be able to do something to make a difference, I will post pics tomorrow!!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Our poor guy hope he is ok.
From what I was told by the rescue coordinator, she is on the road to recovery. Her name is Phoenix, and she has been being treated for severe burns. The adoptive mom in MA has experience rehabbing burned dogs and first offered to foster Phoenix, but after several emails and phone calls with shelter staff opted instead for adoption, all paperwork is done, now she just needs a ride to her forever home. Our leg of it is the only one that wasn't covered, it's only about an hour's drive. I couldn't see two hours of my time preventing this girl from getting to a permanent loving home. It's really minimal effort on my part and huge rewards for the dog:ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks, Susi, I was just glad to be able to do something. I'm really not that awesome *blushes* lol I can't wait to take some pics for ya'll

Nair Bare

Lairian
I have always had a special spot in my heart for the often misunderstood "bully" breeds. But please do take care to make sure Phoenix (rising from the ashes, clever) is safely enclosed in a sturdy kennel. Burns are very painful and the excitement of new people and a long road trip could lead to problems. Safety first for all concerned. Bless you for getting involved.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Whew! What a morning! We met Phoenix at the shelter, turns out she is still very young and not all pitt as you can see. She is pretty much healed from her burns but her face is scarred and bald:Laugh: She was so sweet! We reached our meeting place at the appointed time (11:30) then at 1:00 we got a call saying the time had been changed to 4:00:Surprise: We couldn't stay as we had to get our kids from school. Luckily we worked with the shelter and found a vet clinic nearby willing to hold her until her transport arrived:ThumbsUp: Here are some pics I took of the little angel!

Posing with rescue coordinator, my hubby, and my baby
016-3.jpg

Blowing kisses
021-1.jpg

My son said~She's SO pretty! (pwetty):Laugh:
025-4.jpg

ckutkuhn7

Banned
awww she is so sweet! Poor girl, the looks of her face made me tear up. I hate seeing animals in pain. (THE ONLY REASON I DIDNT BECOME A VET - I'M TOO MUCH OF A SOFTIE). Were her injurys a accident?

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They don't know, she was brought in with severe burns that had started to scab, but she had been scratching at it so much it was raw. Poor thing is missing part of her eyelid on the burned side, but she was sooo happy and sweet!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
They don't know, she was brought in with severe burns that had started to scab, but she had been scratching at it so much it was raw. Poor thing is missing part of her eyelid on the burned side, but she was sooo happy and sweet!

I'm so glad you were able to help this doggie out. She did look very sweet and thankful for the help you had given her. I hope she can put her past behind her and enjoys her new forever home!

Back