Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Twitch went to the vet today for a weird lump.

tessblack

Banned
Trying not to panic about this but Twitch developed a lump really quickly last night on her right shoulder. Did not bother her at all and she was rough housing with Tux a bit last night. Took her in and it is not an apses because they got no puss or anything out of it. They are going to send it to get tested just in case. They had there shots on the 7th so could be from that. Just another thing to worry about. I have to go in for a biopsy tomorrow and another in two weeks. So now I am double stressed. Going to go play with the kids that always helps.:Dizzy:

Gizzymom

Banned
Fingers and paws crossed over here... Praying for the best for Twitch..:ThumbsUp:

Misread the part about YOU.... Will say extra prayers for you as well!!!!!

Last edited:

Inferno12

Banned
I hope its nothing serious for either of you two. Diego developed a lump from his shots too and it took about 1 1/2 months to go away so I hope thats all it is.

I hope you do ok with your thing too. Try not to worry until you get it done. Worrying just makes things words. I will be thinking of you guys. Now go cuddle with the kids!

TotenEngel

Banned
Best of luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you, but yes they can develop wierd lumps from their shots so hopefully its that! Try not to worry too much :)

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had cats get lumps from shots but they were ok.
Coco my cat I lost last month got a lump from a shot and it took 2 months to go away but she was ok.
My friends cat got cancer though and died.
I hope Twitch will be ok.
Cleo once had a big lump on her back and I was so scared.
The vet was going to cut it out of her but it went away on its own.

susi794

Staff member
Tess,
YOU are having a biopsy? I will remember you when I hit my knees tonight--that God will hold you in His loving embrace and keep you safe from harm. I'll say one for little Twitch too.
Much love,
Susi and the gang

tessblack

Banned
Thanks everyone, I just got worried about her because it is three weeks since her shots and it just popped up now. I guess with the stress of my own biopsy my mind just went to all kinds of bad places.
Thanks for your kind words, it helps.:Smile:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had a dream about Tux and Twitch last night. I had scolded Twitch because he was playing too rough. Huh?

LucyFurrr

Lairian
My male has had the same shoulder bump. It was an adverse reaction to his rabies shots. Took about 7-8 weeks to go away though. Hope all comes up well the biopsy!

tessblack

Banned
Thanks guys, just got back from the doctor and understand why she put me last patient before lunch. I screamed a couple times so loud I would have scared everyone out of the office. Hurt like crazy but feel ok now. Now just wait on Twitch's and my results. Waiting is so much fun.
Thanks for all the kind words it does help a lot.

Gizzymom

Banned
Thanks guys, just got back from the doctor and understand why she put me last patient before lunch. I screamed a couple times so loud I would have scared everyone out of the office. Hurt like crazy but feel ok now. Now just wait on Twitch's and my results. Waiting is so much fun.
Thanks for all the kind words it does help a lot.

I am a firm believer that screaming (and sometimes swearing) CAN make you feel better... Releases some of the stress!

Giz and I are thinking about and praying for you and Twitch!! :Smile:

Trying to get caught up and just read this!

Please keep us updated on the both of you. I am going to be worrying.

Gable got a lump 3 weeks almost to the date after his rabies vaccination. it appeared almost overnight too! I took him to the vet just to make sure it was okay and she said it was not uncommon for it to appear weeks later and fast like that. it is a "sight reaction". She said warm compresses help (yeah okay try to get the Sphynx to sit for that) and it woul dtak e awhile to go away. I honestly think it took a month to be completely gone.

Try not to worry too much. Stress isn't good for anyone or anycat. I know, easier said than done.

I will be thinking of you both!!!

Hugs,
Kris

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i am also just catching up on this thread.
Hoping all the tests come back with negative results. keep up posted on kitty AND you!!
As for the lump, as many know, bronxe's lymphoma cancer was found via swollen lymph nodes. however, those seem to be in spots like under the arm pit, throat, in the legs/knee areas... like in "hidden" places, i haven't seen any ON a shoulder like that. Hope its more of a shot reaction like many people have said. I wouldn't thing it'd be cancer... but i'm not a dr. I will keep you guys in my thoughts.

Back