Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Two loving sphynx siblings free to good home near San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

mochiNmoochi

Lairian
Hi,

We have two wonderful sphynx cats ages 5 and 4, from the same breeder, we are looking to rehome.

They are great cats that we've loved since they are kittens and we've had no issues with them, other than a minor flea issue this year. The reason that we are unfortunately looking to rehome them is that since we've adopted them, we have had a daughter, and we both got laid off from our jobs so we're a bit overwhelmed on responsibilities and if we could find a new loving home for our cats it would help us. I've also recently gotten diagnosed with adult asthma and the doctor suspects cat dander might play a role and suggested rehoming them. We are not looking to rush them out the door and we're continuing to take care of them, but we wanted to look for anyone who might love two great sphynx cats for no fee.

The only catch is that you have to take both of them. They have been friends since they were kittens. Part of the reason we're ok rehoming them is because we know that they'll be ok as long as they have each other as friends. As an example of their friendship, when we went on a trip and checked the automatic feeder's camera, the "little one" rocketed to his food when he heard it pour as he always does, but then as much as loves chowing down, he paused and waited until his big brother showed up so they could eat together.

They are snuggle bugs and like cuddling with each other and humans.

* Mochi aka "big guy" is nude-colored, he has a tiny amount of fuzz, he's a little more nervous around strangers but he's actually very affectionate once you get to know him and demands lap cuddles. He loves playing fetch with things like dollar bills , so watch your wallet because he will grab dollars and bring them over hoping you crumble and throw it to play fetch with. Besides fetching fake toys, he also loves keeping an eye out for mice and will guard the house for any sight of them and is happy to do all-night shifts looking under the stove for them. When we first got him he did hide in the closet and when we moved he threw up in the car and he gets very anxious during nail clippings so he has some anxiety but is mostly very loving.
* Moochi aka "little one" is cow-colored and only a tiny bit smaller than "big guy" but was much smaller when he was a kitten since he's a year younger. He is more of a traditional sphynx with very smooth skin and no fuzz at all. He's also very athletic and can jump very high. He also likes cuddling and is affectionate even with total strangers, he will often times surprise strangers by jumping on their shoulders from behind, so be aware of that.

Both cats have been great with our daughter despite her thinking its' hilarious to pull their tails and mess with them. Their only real demand is one big can of food a day and clean litter.

So, we are not urgently trying to rehome them, but we will as soon as we find the right new home. We live in San Francisco and can travel an hour so away, but we are hoping we can find someone in driving distance. You would be free to come say hi to them and see what adorable little nudists they are before you adopt them.

They are both neutered and microchipped. They had all initial vaccines but theyre due for some checkups.

Attachments

• IMG_20200124_104912.jpg
    IMG_20200124_104912.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 122
  • love heater.jpg
    love heater.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 120
  • mochi and human.jpg
    mochi and human.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 120
  • mochi&mochi.jpeg
    mochi&mochi.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 117
  • moochi and human.jpg
    moochi and human.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 3.34.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 3.34.33 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@mochiNmoochi all paws crossed hearts align with a member for a purrfect forever home together. members will surely interview for the purrfect fit. I adopted a bonded pair years ago from a member. I will of course try to help network . hugs n head smooches. keep us updated often

SarahsRedmon

Lairian
Good morning, are they still available? I lost Reggie back in may 4yrs old due to heart failure and I lost Redmon 16yrs old yesterday to cancer. Both sphynx cats. I’ve had sphynx cats for over 15 years. I live in Monterey, CA and I work at a vet hospital in Carmel, CA. My heart hurts and my home is empty and just saw your post. Your tan boy looks just like my Redmon. Please reach out so we can talk more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SarahsRedmon , ((squeeze hugs))) I am so sorry Redmond got his angel wings after a life of love and care beyond measure. Your Beloved Reggie and Redmond could not have asked for a better mum. Remember the Love, soo much love. here for you. they touched soo many hearts here . I adopted from a member after my girl got her angel wings.
all paws crossed the sphynx stars align.

tagging @mochiNmoochi ,
@SarahsRedmon is a long time member in California with sphynx experience and a heart and home of love and care., please let her know if Mochi and Moochi are available.

SarahsRedmon

Lairian
Hey, thanks for checking in. We have been chatting back and forth. I am cautiously optimistic. We are going to set a day, hopefully in the next few days to a week, for me to drive up and meet the boys. I feel like we will both know from that visit if this will be a good fit. Will keep everyone updated and thank you for your support.

Pictures of Redmon because he is too handsome and special not to share any chance I get.
7f0824748b01a9b8dfbd99e1942730aa.jpg

368109f17f26aeca0df1b98b6775ec77.jpg

13dd75742d337d6136d132e6280ad6b0.jpg

0e3d3ecf0f096afaebc27a2bcf19876a.jpg

793ce904de58b6886de377def6b8ab43.jpg

de60a53765105b1cc253b8fc316f1aaa.jpg

05e6507b11a211930badfc81e7ae5686.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OMG. I am so happy for everyone involved. I read Redmon’s story and was too moved to say a word. I’m so glad the universe has shifted and aligned for you to get Mochi and Moochi. No happier solution to everyone’s situation could be possible.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SarahsRedmon, (((Hugs n Head smooches)))) to sweet Mochi and Moochi. happiest gotcha . so glad hearts aligned . I look forward to a new thread /introduction with pics and tales. hugs to their first mum for her heartfelt decision . they could not have asked for a more purrfect fit in your heart and home.

Jenjen1437

Lairian
I. Interested My two girls that I got from russia recently passed and i'm looking for another

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back