Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Westchester cat show

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Is anyone attending the Westchester cat show in White Plains NY? My family and I are looking for a Sphynx kitten, and this seems like it might be a good opportunity to find one. Does anyone know if there are usually Sphynx kittens for sale at this show?

http://www.westchester-feline.org/index.htm

Thanks,
Gary

They're not gonna bring kittens there for you to take home with you if that's what you mean but certainly there will be breeders there showing their cats so just stroll around and talk to the owners of the sphynxes and you will find some contacts very fast I am sure, very likelly there will be some breeders present with litters ready or almost ready for delivery but remember that just because someone competes with their cats doens't mean they are good breeders so check them out anyway. For one I would demand to SEE papers of HCM scans of parents and also proof of vaccinations etc before I would seal any deal.
I don't know if you get veterinary health certificates over there when you buy a pedigree but if not then demand some sort of health guarantee for the kitten.

At least that's what I would do... And give the kitten until at least 12 weeks before you take it from the mother.

Good luck...

un33dit

Lairian
Thanks for all the replies so far. We had found a kitten, but I guess there was some miscommunication between the breeder and myself and she sold it. My wife and I were heartbroken. So now we're on the hunt!

-Gary

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Gary! We are glad you found us, and sorry to hear about what happen with the kitten you had your hearts set on.
Hope you have better luck and find a baby for your family!:ThumbsUp:

holly_savage

Banned
Welcome to the Lair Gary and family. I don't know if there will be any kittens available, but as the others have said it is a great place to meet some of the breeders and get that 'personal' feel for a person.

I know that in the CCA shows there are kittens available for sale from time to time, I have seen different breeders have what is called a "sales" cage. I would doubt that you could walk away with it that day, but you could get to meet them if they are there.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
There were 2 sphynx breeders selling kittens at the TICA Annual.
I was surprised they let the people take the kittens the same day.

un33dit

Lairian
Once again, thank you everyone for your replies. We found a local breeder and put a deposit on a kitten yesterday! I'm already trying to talk my wife into buying the other kitten they have! I'll have to keep working her!

Thanks,
Gary

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is your kitten black and white.
It is cute.
You can never have 1 sphynx.
I started with 1 and have 3.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
A buddy for your Sphynx is a great idea. Hopefully you'll be able to convince your wife to get a second one. Now is the time to start working on earning those extra brownie points with her.

Back