Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What a coincidence!

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I hate the dentist. I haven't been in a year and a half. A friend referred me to her dentist because she though he was good and the receptionist was friendly. I finally made an appointment for myself because I had made one for Haji. Figured if the cat goes, I go.

I darn near missed the appointment today because my building was on lockdown due to an alleged gunman in the area. But we came off lockdown and I went.

And it sucked. I have to go back for the cleaning and 3 fillings. Oh well.

I'm getting checked out, and the receptionist and I start talking cats.
She volunteers with purebred specialty rescue and she has a sphynx! AND it turns out that she knows my vet and a friend of mine who i used to work wih who runs a cat rescue. The receptionist says "OH- you are Jane's friend! She talked about you!"

It made my dentist visit so much easier and I'm so glad I know another sphynx person in Milwaukee!

What are the chances!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How ironic! I was just at my dentist yesterday, too, but because I broke one of my molars. It was not a very fun visit. Glad that you were able to meet some folks with mutual interests at your dentist appt!

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I told her I may actually enjoy the dentist if haji could come with me!
when it gets warm ill bring him by for a visit. the office is in an awesome neighborhood with outdoor restaurants and eclectic shopping.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Now you have ti make it to all your appointments:Surprise: You have A sphynx bond:Wink:
I hate the dentist also but what are we going to do? I take the kids and they complain, I tell them it is ok and not so bad. they see right thru me and tell me they know I hate it too:Smile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I also hate the dentist. However, last year I found out I had 36 cavities when I had to get an emergency extraction. At that point I made a commitment to get all of my teeth fixed. Now I am cavity free and had over $5000 worth of work done on my teeth within 10 mths time including getting all 4 wisdom teeth cut out! I was heavily sedated through every single appointment (I go to a dentist that works with high anxiety patients). I'm the type of person who hyperventilates on my way to the dentist. Its awful. My nerves really get worked up! My awesome dentist is the only thing got me thru it! My reward to myself was my Sphynx!!!!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's great! What are the odds? My dentist has a really nice receptionist too- she always makes me smile. If I find out she has a sphynx I'd love her even more.

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I have to go back, and I would LOVE to take some valium or something to calm me down.
My treat to myself is to take a sick day and cuddle with Haji after its all over. By that time, he'll have had his dental, so he can comfort ME!

Barrelstar

Lairian
Oh I hate the dentist too. I used to cry for days in advance of an appt! Now I don't do that but am pretty nervous... It is a funny thing because right before I saw this post I got a confirmation call for my appt tomorrow! That is so neat that your receptionist has a sphynx! You should at least take in a pic of yours to show her...

Back