Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What color sphynxs does everyone prefer?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Since some of the members of this site have been kooking for certain colors of sphynx I am wondering what color sphynx everyone likes?

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love black of course! Now that I have one, I've fallen for black tux's. I'm interested in seeing chocolates- I've never seen one.

Brooke

Banned
hmmm, I'm hoping someday to have one of each color! :LOL::LOL:

Harold was cream point w/ blue eyes, Walter is brown tabby w/green eyes, Helen is blue tortie/calico w/gold eyes, Nelson is black & white w/green eyes, and Mandy is black tortie w/green eyes.

I love the chocolates and the blues are gorgeous, too. But I have a special fondness for tabbies - those spots on their bellies get me every time!

susi794

Staff member
I like sealpoints and Vans and whites and torties and ....and...and....I really wanted a seal point so badly, but it really doesn't matter to me what color they are--more interested in their temperment and personality.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
more interested in their temperment and personality.

Definitely.

I like patterns more than colors. I love calico's and vans, I like when the pattern is symmetrical on their face, or when they have spots that form a certain shape. My first kitten had two perfect angel wings on her back. :Adore:

dragynflye

Lairian
i'm semi picky. i prefer lighter colors- reds, creams, white, ect. i like their pink skin. i also love darker kitties with nice white markings. good face markings are necessary, though. i don't like darker colors unless they have a white v on their faces.

however, i have seen a couple of brown tabbies now, and have fallen absolutely in love! if i'm ever able to get another, that is what i will be looking for!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Great Topic M2M!!!!

Of course my fave is the tortie and I love my girls tude. But I also love the grey and brown tabbies. I've always had a sweet spot for tabby kitties no matter what. I'd love to have a tux or or all black/grey tho. I'm also partial to green eyes. I've found that I will choose a green eyed kitty over any other color. I'm green eyed myself and there is just something that I think is a little more mischievious with the green eyed greedy guts!

Once our breeder has another litter we will be looking for a dark colored kitty (Black, brown or tortie). *Fingers crossed*

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm with you there....I like all of them, regardless of their color! :ThumbsUp:
I'm with you on that one! 4 of the 5 sphynx I've rescued have been blue and whites, so that color will always have a special spot in my heart, but color doesn't really matter to me. I will admit, however, I LOVE the beautiful solid blue of Osirus, it really makes him stunning! And I've always love the torties - I want a little blue tortie girl with blue or aqua eyes! I also really like the whites with blue eyes, and the pointeds. I love ANY cat with blue eyes, before the Sphynx, I rescued Ragdolls for years before my allergies got so bad I just couldn't handle a cat with much hair! But even though I like certain colors more, I really don't care that much, I love all Sphynx regardless!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I did not pick the new kitten by color.
The breeder picked the best one for showing for me.
The one he had talked about last Nov turned out not be show quality.
Wrinkles I picked because I wanted a blue eyed sphynx but she was almost all white with seal on her ears then.
When I got Cleo I had a choice between Torti,Blue and White or Black and White.
I was stuck between the Torti and Cleo.
Everyone said go for the Black and White.
My first at the time was a pointed or solid color sphynx.
Funny how things work out.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I didn't care about color when I got mine, but if/when I get a second, I'd like a solid blue -- just 'cause I'd think it would look kinda like a cat-gargoyle:Smile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was getting a solid blue or black before Cleo but the breeder played games with me so I got Cleo.

Back