Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What is your Dental routine for your Sphynx?

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I try to remember to get dental gel into Uber's mouth at least once a week. I often forget. I want to switch to the water additive so the girls can benefit too. But we haven't really seen Uber drink from any of the bowls or the fountain so today I bought him a chicken wing at the grocery store and am hoping he will gnaw on it.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmm, I haven't been doing any dental care yet... :unsure: I've got a toothbrush that I bought a while back, but have only just ordered toothpaste that I'm yet to receive. The site I normally use (Zooplus) only had one type of toothpaste and it contained propylene glycol, which is bad for cats!? I find that very strange, and only got around to looking for an alternative last week. I have no doubt Butchie will NOT enjoy having his teeth cleaned, but it'll have to be done just the same! Prevention is waaaaay better than cure :happy:

I'll let you know how I get on...

upload_2018-9-17_0-28-50.png upload_2018-9-17_0-30-37.png

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am NOT a good toothbrusher. I have been doing a water additive. And am going to try a different one for awhile. Need to order it this next week when I get paid.
I do try and get a dental cleaning done every 18 to 24 months.

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My cat's dry food was recommended by my vet and is a dental care dry food. I have never brushed my cat's teeth.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Annejo12 , is it the T/D formula sold at the vet or the non RX hills science diet dental care kibble ? I was thinking of ordering the non RX dental care as treats
I saw this video on the T/D formula - wom see of the regular dental care formula would work the same ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I will admit I often slack in my dental routine schedule. I do have a toothbrush and toothpaste for Yoda, but I usually forget before bed, or when I remember he is usually running around hyper as ever.

I did recently buy a dental treat, I can check the brand when I get home! I also try and give a raw chicken neck every so often, which I've read can be beneficial to the teeth due to the gnawing on the meat and bone.

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Annejo12 , is it the T/D formula sold at the vet or the non RX hills science diet dental care kibble ? I was thinking of ordering the non RX dental care as treats
I saw this video on the T/D formula - wom see of the regular dental care formula would work the same ?

It is Royal Canin, dental. Raphaels's teeth are fine so far.

susi794

Staff member
Raw muscle meat is supposed to be effective, I try to do a dental every 18 months. Mine hate the dental chews, wont drink the treated water, hate brushing. I couldnt handle the stress. You can try playing with them with the brush like a toy...leave it on floor and they sometimes chew it. Bingo! Teeth brushed!

Back