Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What's this.. Can some please help?

Fabian Li

Lairian
I would appreciate it a lot if someone are able to tell me what is mark on Minka's skin. He had it like 2 days ago. Its pretty dry. Looks like abrasion to me..

IMG-20180623-WA0220.jpg

Please.. Thank you

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes looks like a scabbed over scrape. They can get it even from just rubbing on rough things. Keep an eye on it, just leave it alone. The scabs will flake off. Keep his nails short so he can't scratch at it (may be itchy as it heals)

Fabian Li

Lairian
Yes looks like a scabbed over scrape. They can get it even from just rubbing on rough things. Keep an eye on it, just leave it alone. The scabs will flake off. Keep his nails short so he can't scratch at it (may be itchy as it heals)
Could it be fungus? Like ringworms?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Looks like a scrape to me too. The vetericyn spray can help to ket it heal faster. With their naked skins they get scrapes and wound more easily when rubbing against things or from a collar indeed

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Fabian Li , checking in for updates

Does Minka rub on anything in particular ? Like scratching post or cat tree sisal rope?
My boy actually rubs on the edge of the ironing board cover !and scrapes his skin on his neck and face sometimes -
I use the Vetericyn too

Can to show a pic to your vet?
Any other areas on Minka's skin like this?

Fabian Li

Lairian
@Fabian Li , checking in for updates

Does Minka rub on anything in particular ? Like scratching post or cat tree sisal rope?
My boy actually rubs on the edge of the ironing board cover !and scrapes his skin on his neck and face sometimes -
I use the Vetericyn too

Can to show a pic to your vet?
Any other areas on Minka's skin like this?
@Yoda mom, yes.. It happens to another part of his neck.

I have not bring him to the vet.
IMG-20180625-WA0108.jpg

This is another one just came up.

The previous one went off after we bath him. But there's a mark there.
IMG-20180625-WA0109.jpg

Back