Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Where did your Sphynx come from?

Where did your Sphynx come from?

• Breeder

Votes: 160 80.8%
  • Shelter

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Rescue Organization

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Pet Store

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 24 12.1%

• Total voters

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I got both Curly & Hairry from a breeder in north GA. She is a wonderful lady and to be honest I didn't know I was inshore for a Sphynx till I got a weird email... My mother and I looked at getting a Sphynx but with buying a new house it wasn't affordable at the time.... My mother was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and then outcome wasn't good... So after my mom passed about 5 mo latter I get this weird email (I had her email forwarded to mine) saying "the baby Sphynx you put a deposit on was born and will be available in Apri". Not having a clue what this was about I emailed her back saying she must have the wrong email and explained how we had looking but my mother getting sick and a new house that was all that was done.. Looking. The breeder then explained how my mother contacted her about getting a Sphynx for her daughter (me) as a surprise. I was stunned! So in April we picked up Curly Sue and she has stolen my heart!!!

Hairry Yoda was picked up 5 mo later because who can only have one Sphynx.

live2flythesky

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Darwin came from a breeder in Palm Springs, CA. The two hour drive there felt like it took forever. I barely even remember the drive home. The days I got my babies (Darwin and his canine brother Buddha) have been two of the best of my life.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I got both Curly & Hairry from a breeder in north GA. She is a wonderful lady and to be honest I didn't know I was inshore for a Sphynx till I got a weird email... My mother and I looked at getting a Sphynx but with buying a new house it wasn't affordable at the time.... My mother was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and then outcome wasn't good... So after my mom passed about 5 mo latter I get this weird email (I had her email forwarded to mine) saying "the baby Sphynx you put a deposit on was born and will be available in Apri". Not having a clue what this was about I emailed her back saying she must have the wrong email and explained how we had looking but my mother getting sick and a new house that was all that was done.. Looking. The breeder then explained how my mother contacted her about getting a Sphynx for her daughter (me) as a surprise. I was stunned! So in April we picked up Curly Sue and she has stolen my heart!!!

Hairry Yoda was picked up 5 mo later because who can only have one Sphynx.

I am so sorry about your mom. She sure left a nice surprise for you having a deposit on a kitty for you.

lunasmum

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Luna came from newzealand her breeder had to ship her parents to a friend in nz as she had to go overseas on business, lunas dad is Russian and her mother is English (uk) so that makes Luna...... Renglishan-Australian lmao

jwoodys

Lairian
I originally tried to get a Sphynx from a humane shelter but it was taken before I could get to her. I watched for a while to see if i could find another one that way but didn't have any luck so I contacted a breeder in my state.

Franksmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We got Frank from a breeder down here in S FL, Lucy is from the same breeder and will be coming home in about 2 1/2 weeks. I cant wait!!!

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Our Cornish is a Rescue, the Breeder sold them all off she was really sick and needed to get out of the buisness and then we wanted a friend for Hansel and we looked and looked to get another cornish and couldnt find one / or not the right one.
And then one day my Husband said, i found HIM !!! He , Hairy came from a breeder in Michigan. I dont know how my husband found him . I am glad he did , he is the best thing besides Hansel that happend to us !

Janelle S

Lairian
A friend of mine runs a cat rescue and after I had just lost my 19-year-old DSH, she posted about Cleo. I really debated contacting her but when I did, she insisted I must at least foster her. She stole my heart and she's snoozin' under a blanket on my lap right now.

saymayusf

Lairian
From a breeder in Brooklyn. I knew they really cared about the kittens when the breeder cried when I took him. Apparently he was their favorite, which is why they were so picky with who took him. So blessed he and I bonded instantly :)

muddpuddles01

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Craigslist! It's a long story, and it's on another thread here somewhere, but I'm pretty sure - about 95% sure - the people I got her from were selling her for drug money, so I got her for practically nothing and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made!

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I got mine from a breeder, though I'm interested in learning more about the Sphynx Open Arms Rescue.

tkmaune

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I got Nipsey from a breeder in Michigan. But I'm pretty sure most of you already know this ;)

Nefertari

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I got my Fuzzballs from Netherlands :)
They were unplanned so they are outcross with Don sphynx and Siberian.

Hoping to get a real naked sometime this year :BigSmile:

starfar

Lairian
:Surprise: sphynx baby from a pet store!?

Where is the emoticon for shudder.. I can't imagine..

Our girl is coming from a breeder in Brooklyn!

spitehog

Lairian
my 2 adult kids (roommates at the time) dumped her on me after they were facing eviction for getting a pet. They had purchased her from some single new york guy who couldn't take her in a move. Before that, she was from a breeder with pedigree named "Stella Blue" (she is on you tube! as "Stella watching stella blue). I was pressuring my kids to find her a "cat home", as I was strictly a dog person. That took about 5 days!!! Anybody out there looking to adopt a couple of boston terriers? I am totally transformed to "cat lady". LOL

Gizasmom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
my 2 adult kids (roommates at the time) dumped her on me after they were facing eviction for getting a pet. They had purchased her from some single new york guy who couldn't take her in a move. Before that, she was from a breeder with pedigree named "Stella Blue" (she is on you tube! as "Stella watching stella blue). I was pressuring my kids to find her a "cat home", as I was strictly a dog person. That took about 5 days!!! Anybody out there looking to adopt a couple of boston terriers? I am totally transformed to "cat lady". LOL

Omgosh! Loved that one!!!

bellebeausmom

Lairian
I got Belle from a breeder here in Alabama. Beau came from a breeder in Ohio but I bought him from the family that bought him from the breeder. They split up and couldn't keep him. So grateful for both of my babies!!

sassie

Lairian
I got Bella via Hoobly - orginal owners got her from a breeder in Mi. She claimed the breeder was/is her cousin! It was a freak accident I found her add on Hoobly - i was looking to adopt another african grey parrot (her add was in the wrong place) I called her like 8am & she told her the she had put an add in there local paper that begain running the morning I called her.

I spoke with her only a few breif moment - spoke with my boyfriend, and he screamed HAPPY BIRTHDAY (to me as I turn 40 this april 23rd) and we left for the 5 hour round trip drive. I didnt even see her before I left LOL! I learned when I got there about her sucking habbit, her dislike of cats (which she knew I had cats but didnt stop me!) and her ruff playing. BUT after seeing her, I couldnt say NO - they were in a tiny retierment apt. had 2 dogs each weighed like 2 pounds so Bella was huge compared to the rest. She wanted more space for Bella to play, run & wrestle around :)

I would love another. I dont think Bella would apperciate me much LoL! She even sees a cat on TV, the internet or even herself in the mirror she is hissin :p

Back