Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Whiskers?

babymeow

Lairian
I was wondering if some Sphynx cat have whiskers? Not that I mind, but Nabi has a lot of whiskers and eyebrow hairs lol. Some breaks and some remain long so I was just curious as the internet says sphinx cats do not have whiskers.

Attachments

• tempImageuYbQGt.png
    tempImageuYbQGt.png
    1 MB · Views: 13

Yoda mom

Staff member
@babymeow , sharing a past fun fact friday , hugs n head smooches adorable Nabi

another great read:

Rowanwise

Lairian
I was wondering if some Sphynx cat have whiskers? Not that I mind, but Nabi has a lot of whiskers and eyebrow hairs lol. Some breaks and some remain long so I was just curious as the internet says sphinx cats do not have whiskers.
My little guy actually has quite a few whiskers as well, but they are really short and curly. We adopted from someone that purchased him from an established reputable breeder (daughter was allergic). I suspect that some Sphinx's will have whiskers and some will have tufts of fur. Genetics is an interesting thing.

babymeow

Lairian
@Rowanwise I just commented on your introduction about the whiskers lol! I thought Nabi's whiskers would fall out but she is 7 months old and it just breaks. I don't mind and love her whiskers. I think she is a harrier Sphynx too and has some fuzz on her face which I love as well. I did a genetic test on her and she is a Sphynx hairless and Devon rex curly coat carrier.

Back