Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

A Fancy Folding Litter Box.... DIY Style

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi!
So, there has been A LOT of snow and planes are getting delayed by hours. Of course, Astrid and I are off for reading break so I had to come up with some type of litter box for the airport, just in case.
I thought about buying a disposable one, but with my luck, security would take it away. So I called around to see if any store had a foldable litter box (amazon has some cool ones but of course the crazy amount of snow didn't come until today). But, no one had one.
So I made one! I cut up some coroplast, and with a little tape it will make a box. It folds perfectly to sit on top of her carrier and since it is plastic I can attach the tape strips to it until it needs to be set up, plus it can be rinsed off.
Thought I would share since it seems like it will work pretty well! I'll update if it gets used and let you guys know how it works!
IMG_1727.JPG IMG_1728.JPG IMG_1729.JPG
Here's a bonus picture of Astrid after her bath! Lol still enjoys a good death glare.
IMG_1720.JPG

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So the weather smartened up so flights aren't delayed! So I didn't end up bringing the litter box. Sky is still grey but it's sunny so I won't be trapped by the snow!

Here's Astrid in her carrier lol
IMG_1749.JPG

Jynxified

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That litter tray idea is really pretty good. Maybe use Velcro instead of tape so it can be used multiple times before dîsposal.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Absolutely brilliant. Thank you for sharing!!! And glad to hear there are no delays. Have a GREAT reading week!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Ely2400 yea, it's a foldbable litter box. It took a bit of word contorting to get them to come up on Amazon. "Travel litter box" is what I had to search, nothing would come up for collapsible or foldable. But from the brands website, I found authorized retailers and there is one in Italy, so maybe they could ship to you? Home
I don't understand Italian so I have no idea what the site says it if they ship or what not, no idea if you speak it but it's a start :)

Ely2400

Lairian
@Ely2400 yea, it's a foldbable litter box. It took a bit of word contorting to get them to come up on Amazon. "Travel litter box" is what I had to search, nothing would come up for collapsible or foldable. But from the brands website, I found authorized retailers and there is one in Italy, so maybe they could ship to you? Home
I don't understand Italian so I have no idea what the site says it if they ship or what not, no idea if you speak it but it's a start :)

Thank you very much! Yesterday I found it on an italian site! It seems to be a good product.
Yes I'm italian (I don't know because my flag became a German flag!) :wideyed:

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It seems pretty waterproof... I will need to do a water test and dump some water in it lol

Can you change it in your profile setting thing?

Back