Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

by birthday present to meeee!

dragynflye

Lairian
taken with my birthday present from my hubby!

y'all know i've been wanting to add another hairless rat to my family. i've found a couple, but nothing that's really struck a cord and said "take me home!" well, on monday, my birthday, i had to go to petsmart to pick up some food for my existing crew. of course i had to look at the ratties..... and there was this precious, tiny little thing. she was running like crazy on her wheel, but when i stopped by her tank, she ran up to the front to say HI! i asked to hold her, and that was it.... she was mine. pet stores definitely aren't the idea place to get a rat, so she is in quarantine for the next three or four weeks to make sure she has nothing that can be passed to my current babies, like sda or sendai. after that, we will start intros and move her to the big girl cage.

so, enough rambling! let me introduce wisp!

like with sphynx cats, there is a varying degree of hairless-ness in rats. she's still very young, so there is a good chance she will loose her peach fuzz, and be left with just a little fuzz on her nose and feet. she's so tiny, and so sweet!!

and those who think rats are "dirty"- they spend approximately 30% of their waking time grooming.... which is what she is doing in all but the first picture!

oh, yes, and the present from my husband is a nikon d5000 that i still need to learn to use!
4442537104_a795ee6f60.jpg

4441756491_9e93a7629f.jpg

4441756711_05b7a9f035.jpg

4442532376_4148bd917f_o.jpg

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww, she's adorable! What a great b-day present to yourself! I wish I could own a rat or two, but my Siamese cat Reno would eat them for sure. :Sad:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awwwww! She's beautiful! and Happy belated Birthday! X

I asked my other half if i could have a skinny pig for my 30th birthday this year, but I think I'm getting jewellery as 'apparently' we have enough pets at the moment :Frown:

X

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Birthday! what a great present!

Our daughter has been nagging me for A small pet to keep in her room that is just hers and that she will take care of:Dizzy: (sure that will happen) So I took he to see the hairless rats in the pet shop, she was so excited but when we got there she would not even touch it. So we did not get him and are still looking for something.

Lulu Bird

Lairian
I adore the name Wisp - perfect for a little nekid rat! I hear rats are super smart and make great pets. I think I will get one for my son when he is old enough to learn about taking care of an animal/companion.

Happy belated birthday!:BigSmile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Happy belated Birthday!!! Nice pix with the new cam!! Great present for yourself as well! I'm not a rat person but as long as she makes you happy!!!! :) Getting a new pet for your birthday always ROCKS!!

Back