Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat Stroller ???

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
image.jpg
Well after the tale off Chloe the escapologist from @1sphynxlover im really thinking about what do do with Blue this summer, i have considered a harness but dont really want him to get used to being able to walk around outdoors, has anybody tried a cat stroller ?? If so are they secure, are they safe or could the cat escape, i would hate to take him out & him escape, he doesnt know any different than our house, can anybody recommend a stroller or have any experiences good or bad ??? Thanks,

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
There is many people here has the strollers. Maybe some of them will chime in.
I don't, I only take Izmae out once a year for wellness check up.
Sorry, I am of no help.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We have a stroller (aka the rolling throne) that I bought over Bob's protest about 2 years ago. Now he LOVES it! Cleo adores it, and rides in it with her leash and harness on and the stroller open. We take her for walks around the neighborhood and on shopping trips at least once a week. She likes to lie on the front of the stroller, with her front feet hanging over the edge. When she sees a big dog or something else she doesn't like, she backs into the back of the stroller and puffs up. But please notice--we ALWAYS take her out with her leash and harness--never without it unless she is completely zipped up in the stroller. Cleo has been doing this since she was a 3-month-old baby. She is a cat who loves to go see new things, unlike many of our other cats.
We have taken Cleo all over Las Vegas, from Petsmart to Pier One, Mens' Wearhouse, JoAnn's Fabrics, Michael's Crafts, Anthropologie, Williams Sonoma and Walmart. When she is in the stroller, even if it's open, she is almost always welcome.
image.jpg

The Traveling Queen and Her Royal Transport!

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I just bought mine a stroller. I had been looking at the Kittywalk strollers, because I wanted one that the carrier part came off to use as a car seat and carrier to use for vet visits. But they are pretty expensive.
So I finally found one while shopping for bird food at Country Max. It will fit my 2 sphynxies PLUS Fat Gary! And the carrier part comes off. I love it! It was $170 us.
uploadfromtaptalk1395568827380.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395568862495.jpg

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thankyou for your advice @Cleopatra Beers & @andreanar, i really want to get one but paul thinks its a ridiculous idea & says its defo a no-no, i usually get my way & they are cheap on ebay so i think its a good investment, i'm defo gonna get a harness & lead aswell as thats just common sense i suppose (which i dont seem to have much of as i never thought to use one in a stroller !!) Thanks Ladies, lisa & blue xxx

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Lol my boyfriend thinks I'm nuts, but I told him, with 3 cats it would make vet visits so much easier! He agreed with that. He's not sure he wants to go on walks with us yet tho, haha, but he will get with the program! I bet I have him pushing that stroller by the end of summer!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We have a stroller (aka the rolling throne) that I bought over Bob's protest about 2 years ago. Now he LOVES it! Cleo adores it, and rides in it with her leash and harness on and the stroller open. We take her for walks around the neighborhood and on shopping trips at least once a week. She likes to lie on the front of the stroller, with her front feet hanging over the edge. When she sees a big dog or something else she doesn't like, she backs into the back of the stroller and puffs up. But please notice--we ALWAYS take her out with her leash and harness--never without it unless she is completely zipped up in the stroller. Cleo has been doing this since she was a 3-month-old baby. She is a cat who loves to go see new things, unlike many of our other cats.
We have taken Cleo all over Las Vegas, from Petsmart to Pier One, Mens' Wearhouse, JoAnn's Fabrics, Michael's Crafts, Anthropologie, Williams Sonoma and Walmart. When she is in the stroller, even if it's open, she is almost always welcome.
View attachment 45274
The Traveling Queen and Her Royal Transport!

What make is this stroller? It's fantastic, and is defying my internets searches!

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lol my boyfriend thinks I'm nuts, but I told him, with 3 cats it would make vet visits so much easier! He agreed with that. He's not sure he wants to go on walks with us yet tho, haha, but he will get with the program! I bet I have him pushing that stroller by the end of summer!

LOL :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: That is exactly what my hubby things when I said I am going to buy them a stroller. He to will be pushing it sooner than he thinks. He talks and brags about the 4 babies like they are human children. I told him pushing a stroller he would look more manly than caring 4lb kitten (Fuzzy) in Home Depot.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wow your Cleo is the image of my Padmé even down to the little black mark on her nose haha xx
View attachment 45277
Yeah, I've noticed this resemblance too! Tuxie Sphynxies unite!!!!! (And they rule, too!!!)
Thankyou for your advice @Cleopatra Beers & @andreanar, i really want to get one but paul thinks its a ridiculous idea & says its defo a no-no, i usually get my way & they are cheap on ebay so i think its a good investment, i'm defo gonna get a harness & lead aswell as thats just common sense i suppose (which i dont seem to have much of as i never thought to use one in a stroller !!) Thanks Ladies, lisa & blue xxx
Cleo's Daddieo, Bob, said the same thing, and finally I bought the thing on Amazon. When it came, I put it together and Cleo jumped right in. So I zipped her into it and took her out to talk to our neighbor across the street. When we took it to Petsmart for the first time, Bob was hooked. It's easy to handle and Cleo absolutely loves it. She sleeps in it in the summer and Bob now takes her for walks around the neighborhood while I'm at work. They love it, and have a routine where she gets out in certain areas to walk, and then gets back in for rides when she's tired, bored or a little worried about people or dogs on the street.

What make is this stroller? It's fantastic, and is defying my internets searches!

Cleo's stroller is by PetGear. They make several types, and this one holds up to 3 cats and 30 pounds. It collapses, but does not come apart like some others. You can get rain covers for all these strollers too. I got it from Amazon, so you might look there.

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The stroller looks great. There is one rule and @Cleopatra Beers forgot it. It can only be used to carry kitties. Cleo got very upset when it was used for another purpose. It will cost you extra treats, and a stroller ride.

Back