Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Darwins second adventure (and quite a step for me)

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So, litter ran out yesterday this evening I went to my pet store. There are closer ones but I like the guys at my place and the very personal service they have.
A guy working there have been nagging me a bit to bring my sphynx with me some time and this time I remembered so Darwin got tucked inside my winter jacket with the zipper low enough for him to have his head out to see what was happening.
Outside the winter temperature of below freezing didn't get to him there and after a few minutes the car was warm enough for him to stroll around a bit the last bit of the way.

At the stor I tucked him in the same way with his head out and rolled inside.
I didn't even get through the door before the guy saw him.
"Sphynx! Sphynx guys!"
And then he was surrounded and I left him with them while I went to get my EverClean and some new feather on a stick toys.

The store is quite big but Darwin never runs away from people so we let him roam a bit and explore all the things he was interested in.

The guy working in the store is a huge sphynx fan so he crawled around on the floor with him quite a bit.

He was the one that asked me just as I was leaving if Darwin never gets cold. He then showed me some polos and stuff for dogs (you don't find cat clothes in Sweden really as it is quite looked down on to dress cats here) and being caught in a weak moment I bought a polo :Surprise: that was the right length but a bit bulky. It was so cheap I just couldn't say no but in my mind I told myself that I don't have to use it. I'm just gonna buy it.

On the counter a girls dog was sleeping and while I paid I let Darwin say hi to him. He likes all things with a pulse and was soon crawling over the dog who just took it.

Now to the (for me) hard part.
Back at home I had a bit of a pulse. Like when you had done something you really shouldn't when you were a kid and didn't know if you were gonna get caught.
The polo.
I decided to ignore it for a while and got on the web but after half an hour it was laying on the side of my computer. Not to be used but just to see it. After a while Darwin came from the food bowls and wanted to snuggle and I just couldn't resist. :.(

It turned out he didn't mind the slightest though and accepted the polo like nothing. I was still a bit almost nervous though :Hysterical: and Namir didn't know what a hell to make of it. He followed Darwin around sniffing him out constantly for ten minutes not understanding how his m8 could change looks like that.

I am actually sure Darwin even LIKES having it on from the first minute. No struggle, no trying getting it off or walking strange. When he had played a bit he went to sleep on my leather sofa. He never do that normally. Always in a sleeping bag, inside my t-shirt or on a blanket. :Surprise:

Now...
I am still a bit conflicted here :)
Have I passed a line that can't be crossed back now? Will I have a wardrobe of novelty clothes by the end of next month? This polo I can justify for most people with Darwin being a bit cold sometimes but a latex French Maid - dress would be a bit trickier. Will it come to that now? hehe

Just as big of an adventure for me as for Darwin.
Volume 2

The End

Last edited:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
LMAO, yes you have crossed a line. I am pretty sure you will buy more clothes for Darwin. It's all good though, you can start a trend! I love Namir's face....WTF is this?!?!?!? :LOL:

LucyFurrr

Lairian
Aww it looks like Darwin had alot of fun! And he's very handsome. :Adore:

And it sounds like you've crossed that line you can never uncross!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for the entertainment ypv, what a great story and pics. I think Darwin needs to start a blog.

And yes you've crossed the line. Perhaps your fellow Swedes will forgive you because Darwin is nekkid and needs to stay warm!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Great story:ThumbsUp: Just remember you always have us to share this with and we all promise to keep it a secret and not to tell your neighbors!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sounds like you passed the point of no return. But don't worry; we won't tell anyone as long as you continue to post pictures Darwin in his polo here. We'll be happy to keep your dirty little secret as long as we get pictures!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What happens in Sweden doesn't necessarily stay in Sweden:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I think Darwin liked it because it's warm- Sewden sounds too cold to be naked all the time (or is it:LOL:). Glad Darwin had fun at the store and happy his daddy made such a big sacrafice for him:BigSmile:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank you for all the support (and threats of blackmail) during these difficult times.
:Laugh:

He's had it on for 6 hours now and no problems.
He IS looking adorable I know, not easy to admit though hihi.

And yeah, Sweden is cold during the winter and that is convinient now ofc but it is not cold inside and heating is free in rentals so I can keep it just as hot as I'd like, no extra charge. I'll still play the cold-card if anyone ever asks me why I put clothes on my cat over here though.

Glad he accepted and even liked it but that will make it extremelly hard to not go crazy with my Visa on the net now, LMAO.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Darwin looks so laid back at the store. He has such a good cattitude. Yes - you have crossed the line. :LOL::LOL::LOL:Next it will be a lepord print sweater.:Smile:We will have to see pictures because he is so handsome.:Laugh:

Gizzymom

Banned
Awwwwww... Darwin looks so handsome and manly!!! And I think Namir is jealous!!!Great choice for your first go-around - navy blue and no fuss / no muss. I will be concerned if Darwin shows up on the SL in the french maid costume (Tux) or in a bikini (Johnny).... LOLOLOL... But now there is no turning back!!!!:Wink:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sounds like you passed the point of no return. But don't worry; we won't tell anyone as long as you continue to post pictures Darwin in his polo here. We'll be happy to keep your dirty little secret as long as we get pictures!

Yes, muaahahahahahahha, your dirrrrrty little seceret....LMFAO!!! :LOL:

TotenEngel

Banned
Its only you that can cross that line!
Here in the UK it is cold and our heating is rubbish, I figure if I feel the cold then Smeagol certainly will
I am very particular about what I will put him in, basically colours I would wear myself and nothing girly (the 3 other boy cats would laugh at him!)
I do look at the tuxedo and santa outfits and go awwwwww but I wouldn't put him in one, he'd never live it down!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You have only crossed the line when you buy those coconut bras with matching hula skirts....Nofuratu has one of those....I feel bad when I put it on him....but its still funny!!
Welcome to the dark side!!! I think the sweater looked great! I bet he wants more..

Back