Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Do you talk to your Sphynx?

Do you chat with your Sphynx?

• Talk

Votes: 28 19.9%
  • Sing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kitty talk (unhuman sounds or noises)

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 105 74.5%

• Total voters

brnsugarbaybie

Lairian
I talk to my Fantastico all the time but he's a very quiet kitty. He does not meow, he eeps. And we have determined that for right now I love him a whole lot more than he likes me

ranalashae

Banned
Of course!!! I talk to Nala all the time. She has different sounds and movements that she makes to let me know what she is thinking. If we are just hanging out in the house she will fallow me around, and "chirp" lightly when I look at her or say something to her. Or when I say "Nala! Want a treat?"She comes bolting over with a loud loud meow and big eyes!

Theres also,

The "I need to poop!" meow
The "Open the window... Please" meow
The "Fix my blankets" meow
The "Thanks for the food" meow

And probably way more! I just talk to her like she can totally understand me, and sometimes... I swear she can!

lavenderfancy

Lairian
I talk to my Fantastico all the time but he's a very quiet kitty. He does not meow, he eeps. And we have determined that for right now I love him a whole lot more than he likes me
I think he is "holdin out" to see how much love he can get from you without giving back, but that will chang,e I think. I have a cat that it took 6 months for her to really start pushing her love on me. Some cats are just not as lovable as others.

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kiwi makes little "jungle creature"noises. He does not talk much, but he is most talkative in the morning. He has a
"where is everyone meow"
"I want my canned food meow"
"evening snack meow"
"why did you wake me up chirp"
I talk to him all the time. I get a better conversation out of him then my boyfriend and my 2 teenage sons!

Streaker

Lairian
Steaker and I have regular conversations. In fact, just last night my roommate was giggling that Streaker was being "shoulder cat" again (like always) and tea bagging my ear (like always). I asked if he was comfortable, to which he purred back at me in confirmation. He chirps and mews at me if I am in the shower singing and jumps up on to the side of the tub. He jumps into my recliner and curls up between my legs when it's bed time (by his reckoning) and as soon as I get up to go to bed he's racing up the stairs ahead of me and diving into the covers. There's no other cat for me, than a Sphynx.

susi794

Staff member
I tell my cat kids their individual story--how they came to live with me and be loved by me. They each have their own song or chant that I sing or croon to them.....and then of course, I read to them--which Lulu particularly seems to enjoy. Sometimes they talk to me--and sometimes I talk for them. They sing to me beautiful purr songs and they have an entire vocabulary of trills, chirps, clucks and meows.

Last edited:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
We have full blown conversations!!!! Love it! They all have a little song and dance they do,,I sing and jimmy wiggles their butts,,,its a good time! lol

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh yeah I talk to my kiki. He talks back too. He has a small high pitched vocalization.
Just today he was saying " stop it *&&($%#, don't do that *&*()))**&." I was clipping his claws. And he does a couple of heavy puffs of air out of his nose - that means he has had enough.:Dizzy:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
And he does a couple of heavy puffs of air out of his nose - that means he has had enough.:Dizzy:

Nofuratu does that too! Only when his "miffed" about something, like when Im cleaning ears or paws or popping a zit....or if Ive swaddled him to cuddle and he wants to run around...

Diesel

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Diesel and Luna talk to me all the time. We actually carry on conversations in Human talk and in our Own Language. !! They also help me on the computer and we discuss television programs as we watch. There's nothing unusual about any of this.
Doesn't everyone and their babies carry on together?!

Patricia

Lairian
I talk to Cedric all the time, mostly telling him what a wonderful little man he is, and I smother him with kisses. :Laugh:

RoobasMommy

Lairian
LOL, great topic. I do all the above :Laugh:

Mostly, I tell Roobas how much I love him, and what a good kitty he is. But he got the name "Roobas" because we we're singing to him (his original name is Dewbie, and we sang the Scooby-Doo theme song with his name, and shortened it with Rooba-Dewba Doo).

And for Asha, I mostly say her name and tell her shes a stinky kitty (and she always talks back). Both of them come when I call them, so I have to imagine that they like to hear me talk to them :Wink:

r.wabbit

Lairian
Talk to our Ragdoll, Pricilla daily, but I'm sure nothing will change once we get our Sphynxes - except to add two more to the conversation. :BigSmile:

ktate88

Banned
Absolutely!! I talk to Niles as if he understood and would answer me :LOL:

I know his
"Let me in the bathroom while you shower" whiney meow
"I love my mice!" chirpings
"Squirrel, squirrel, squirrel!!" chattering
"I'll take some of that food your fixing" excited meow
"Goodnight mom" consistant purring, licking, and kneading

:BigSmile:

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I talk to Lilo all the time!

This is her "I'm so hungry I don't think I can go on" MEW :LOL:. I am playing the mew game with her, kind of my way of giving her a hard time because she act's like she's starving (yeah right). :ThumbsUp:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back