Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Eye infection

Kink

Lairian
My baby has a swollen eye and infection. We took her to the vet yesterday and it was so swollen the vet couldn't see in the eye to see what was causing the symptoms so we have to go back tomorrow after we give her some antibiotics and steriods to get rid of the swelling. Has anyone had a similar experience in so worried about her :( the photo with her eye partly open is it after 2 treatments of the drops and antibiotics and all that the vet prescribed

Attachments

• IMG_7801.JPG
    IMG_7801.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_7799.JPG
    IMG_7799.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_7820.JPG
    IMG_7820.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 148

Yoda mom

Staff member
A lair full of healing vibes sent! Please keep us updated on your baby

My kitty had one swollen eye the other day -
It was cleared up completely witihin two days with flushing with vetericyn VF opthalmic wash ( VF original ) Vetericyn Ophthalmic Wash for Pets, 2-oz bottle - Chewy.com
and then applying terramycin opthalmic ointment a couple of time so day. Both avail online at various sites/prices
Terramycin Antibiotic Ophthalmic Ointment

I have heard of the medications you mentioned and hopefully you will see improvement /relief soon :)

Head smooches and healing vibe sent

Last edited:

Sheldon13

Staff member
Poor thing. That looks pretty miserable. FYI meloxicam is not a steroid, it is an NSAID. NSAIDs are not recommended for cats as they can cause kidney issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh my goodness, the 2nd pic, looks like she had a blister
next to her nose. Bless her heart. I pray she get's well quickly.
Please keep us updated.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Kink ouch that looks painfull. Glad to hear that after two treatments the eye already looks much better.
It looks a bit like the infection my boy Toa has but only worse. He gets it from dust or other things like hayfever. I give him drops everyday. Also cleaning his eyes with a cottonball with warm water helps.

Sending healing vibes to your girl.

Natasja

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Happy healing vibes to your baby. I hope she has a speedy recovery <3

Back