Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Feral Chronicles: TNR and Feeding Station

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Could you leave some food out and trap him again? Or maybe even leave some food with the meds for him but you'd have to shoo away any other cat so you don't drug the wrong one. And even if he doesn't get the med, being it was just pain meds, if he just chills for a while he should be OK.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 awhhh hugs.... be sure to tend to your scratches
your a great feral cat mum... shi* happens sometimes... he is probably close by sleeping and may poke in later for a snack.
fortunately it was a neuter vs. a spay if that's any comfort..boys usually bounce back fast. which leads me to a question, when they do TNR and neuter/spay ..do they immediately bring them back to their colony and set free?

keep us updated..and please please keep those scratches clean
following for updates...

Sheldon13

Staff member
No they are supposed to monitor for 48 hrs before setting free.

I set out wet food every night and of course they have kibble available. I doubt very much that he will ever fall for a trap again.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You really are a wonderful person to do this for the ferals and have had great success, so please don't beat yourself up over one incident which you had no control over. Third may not understand but you've done him and the lady kitties a massive favour. I'm sure he'll be fine, he's a roughty toughy wild cat and nobody gonna stop him doin' his thang. Please take care of your scratches and think about the next kitty who's going to benefit from your kindness x

Sheldon13

Staff member
Ok so I caught another one but when I went out there he had squeezed out the OTHER door from Third. He actually straight up broke my trap. I’ll take a picture of it tomorrow. Now I have to save up for another, better one before I can continue this mission. Hopefully I can catch him again.

Sheldon13

Staff member
f179a22113b5ade7f6da7b3106db23e0.jpg

Don’t even think I’ll be able to bend the bar back straight.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Ok, so my new trap arrived. It’s gorgeous. (If a trap can be gorgeous). Plus the company of the one that broke was kind enough to send a replacement. Plus I tied together the bars of the door on the old trap. So I have THREE traps. Going to make a dent now I hope. All of them set about an hr ago.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Lol it wasn’t full. Just a can in it. I just use that bowl so no one gets whisker fatigue.

I’m thinking in a name...Houdini! Because believe it or not, he was the cat who previously broke my trap and escaped! I was sure he’d never go in one again but I guess wet food is a strong motivator.

I had named him War Paint before, but I think Houdini fits much better.

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
awhhh... you certainly think of everything including the large dish to avoid whisker fatigue... 5 star resort you have :)
is Houdini in the new trap to give it a run for it's money .. Houdini Proof

Sheldon13

Staff member
Ironically it’s the trap he got out of the first time. I have now secured all four corners with carabiners.

I have the new trap in the garage so it’s not in the weather since it’s my nice one. Then one on my back patio and one on the front porch. Caught Houdini on the front porch.

Geez he’s mean lol. Tried to attach me through the bars when I was securing the doors.

Back