Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Got my cat!!!

Barrelstar

Lairian
Ok, here goes. I hope everything turns out ok.....Ok I went to look at him yesterday. The guy was just as unorganized and sketchy as I thought. He had a really nice house with really nice furniture and about 10-12 cats. A breeding pair of sphynx, devon rex, and a small devon rex and 2 1 yr old spynx males. The place was gorgeous and smelled terrible! Then he says that the blue slip for the litter is the wrong one and he can't find the one for this cat! (of course, so he can't be registered). If he finds it he will send it to me. Ha ha ha ha!!! Right... He did do the yr health guarentee which only covers if he dies from a preexisting/genetic defect. Which is fine because I would NEVER let him have the cat back!!! He tried to sell me this cat and a red male as a 2 for 1 deal but I really can't have 3 now. The red one was THE BIGGEST SWEETIE you ever saw. He obviously had a resp infection. That made me nervous. None of the other cats appeared sick and the guy said it was just the cat being allergic to the litter. I don't believe him. So I am keeping a close eye on my boy and he is going to the vet tomorrow for a check up and neuter. He is current on vaccines... yay! So sad. I hope this guy gives up his cat habbit soon. Oh, the sphynx's were so dirty!!!! We had dark brown hands after like 5 minutes with them. My cat got a bath the second we hit the house last night. He was pretty good too!! You know how many he had in the last year of his life??? FOUR!!!! and this guys runs a grooming business out of the back of his house (the place was nice too!) Ugg. So in the end I love my cat but I hate where he came from and feel so sorry for the one I had to leave behind. Please pray that mine is as healthy as he looks. It will take a few cleanings to clean his face! Thanks for all your help again. If you know anyone looking for a sick cat...

Last edited:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I hope that everything works out with your new addition!! What is his name? Lemmy and I will keep fingers and paws crossed that he gets passed with flying colors at the vet!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Congrats on getting your new kitty! I'm sorry you had to see them in such dirty conditions. Sounds like the breeder has a lot on his hands and he is neglecting his cleaning duties. I hope your kitty gets a good bill of health from your vet. Goodluck and keep us posted on how his visit goes!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
First congrats on getting your new baby!
But I must say that it sounds like this man has very very poor breeding habits that make me:Angry: I know that you had your heart set on getting the kitty but waiting may have been A good idea for 2 reasons one if there where sick cats in his home then that tells me they have probably have not seen A vet so the shot records you where given may be false and your kitty has A good chance of coming down with the same sickness (I hope not).
The second if he continues to sell cats with these poor conditions and breeding habits, and people continue to buy them, he will keep on breeding them:Angry::ThumbsDown:
Sorry if I am sounding negative, I do wish you the best and look foward to watching him grow with you. Just wish breeders like this did not exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on getting the kitten but I think you made a mistake also.
That sounds like a very bad breeder.
I hope your other cat does not get sick because of this.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on your new kitty!!! Pictures please:ThumbsUp: Ido hope that he is healthy and good luck at the vets!

Very bad breeder!!!!!:Angry:

Brooke

Banned
Congrats! I know you were looking for a rescue, and from the sounds of it, I think you did rescue this boy from a bad situation. Fingers crossed that all goes well at his appointment tomorrow. Remember to quarantine him for about 10-14 days from your other kitty, just to be sure he doesn't develop any of the sniffles the red boy had and pass them to your other furkid.

Congrats again! What are you going to name him?

Barrelstar

Lairian
Thanks everyone. I also agree this man is an awful breeder and everything I can't stand. I do feel bad for supporting him but I don't feel bad for helping this cat out. If I could have afforded to fly out of state, stay in a hotel, pay a several hundred dollar adoption fee and then fly the cat and I back to my home I would have.... I would have preferred to adopt from a rescue/shelter for a sphynx. I only found them several states away from me and all said they must meet me in person...which I completely understand.

My cat doesn't have a name yet. They called him brother, which is definately not staying his name. I took a couple pics of him a few minutes ago. He let me start on his ears a little but they are a long way from being clean yet. He had lots of icky clogged pores in the wrinkles under his chin too. yuk. Got most of those cleaned out. He is looking a lot better today.. I don't think he has touched any food or water yet. He did pee in the litter box once last night... Maybe more but for sure 1x.

Attachments

• pics 581.jpg
    pics 581.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 55
  • pics 582.jpg
    pics 582.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 57
  • pics 577.jpg
    pics 577.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 79

ckutkuhn7

Banned
He is a very pretty cat. I'm glad you were able to get him out of those yucky conditions! I hope there are no major surprises at the vet as well. Fingers and paws crossed!

Pharoah

Lairian
hes super cute!!! im soo happy u found him and i hope the first vet visit goes well!!
i could not picture my life without my kitty!!
post more pics too :)
and that breeder does suck i hate hearing about that,its sad.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
He is very good looking! How old is he?
We are waiting for A name? but don't feel bad at the doctors office I work in we had A baby today that was 4 days old and still had no name:Dizzy: come on guys you had 9 months?

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Very nice looking kitty! I know that you didn't want to support that breeder, but you did this poor kitty a HUGE favor by bringing him home with you!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He is so cute! Very handsome. Keeping you both in my thoughts in hopes he has a clean bill of health! Looking forward to the name!

Back