Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help needed pleaseeee!

Fem

Lairian
i'ts been 9 months since i've adopted my sphnyx.. at first he was hairless (not hairless of course) but later on winter he started to have hair on his tail, between his eyes, behind his ears, and a little bit of his body should i be worried. because i saw the other sphynx's at the place where i adopted him and they were okay. what should i do??

Attachments

• IMG_4253.jpg
    IMG_4253.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4288.JPG
    IMG_4288.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 70

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about, but I'll wait to see what more experienced members say. What's your cat's name, how old is he? I did read that if a sphynx is cold it might get furrier in order to keep warm. Anyone else know if that's true?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hades is such a handsome boy. Some sphynxs get some furr in the winter. A famous furred girl during winter is Cleo @Cleopatra Beers maybe she can post summer and winter pics so you can see.

It's totally normal and nothing to worry about. My girl Jade gets a more hairy tail in winter too. I love it!

The furr probably will go away in summer.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hades is such a handsome boy. Some sphynxs get some furr in the winter. A famous furred girl during winter is Cleo @Cleopatra Beers maybe she can post summer and winter pics so you can see.

It's totally normal and nothing to worry about. My girl Jade gets a more hairy tail in winter too. I love it!

The furr probably will go away in summer.

Shmeeps

Lairian
Omg! That face. He is so beautiful! I love when they get random patches of fur. It makes them so unique.

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It’s perfectly normal. Some sphynx get a winter growth. Some have hair on their ears, noses, and toes all year round.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Great advice given amd the link given is very helpful

(My boy has hair in similar areas too )

Hades is Sooo handsome!
Head smooches sent !

Back