Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi :]

Shauntay

Banned
Hi there!

My name's Shauntay, and I can't express how happy I am to have stumbled upon this website! I think it's fantastic to have so many Sphynx-passionate people in one place! ;)
A bit about myself; I've been a pet groomer for my entire working career, all of 13 years! I absolutely love aninals, but cats, and in particular Sphynx, are my truest love and passion. I have four wonderful cats, two of which are Sphynx. The oldests name is Little Man, or Diddles...his year younger brother is Lucius, whom we have affectionately dubbed Douche, which in effect has completely changed the meaning of the word for all who have met him. "Douche" is now the epitome of everything that is cute and lovable in the world. :p They are the most affectionate cats I have ever had. To the point of verging on annoyance and suffocating amounts of love which Im sure everyone on this forum willingly endures! They also live with a massive 200 lbs great dane, who they cuddle, regardless of his wishes.
Unfortunately, both my babies have HCM. Little Douche's is graded 5 out of 6. All five of the vets we visited during the first 2 months we had him said it was unlikely he would live past 6 months of age. He is now 5. We often chide that his heart is just too full of love to ever fail him. They are my soulmates and I couldn't live without them!
Because of this experience, and everything we went through, I have attained a large desire to contribute to this breed. I have been researching and educating myself on breeding Sphynx for the past 5 years. And I feel as though I will soon be ready to take on this endeavor. I think this forum will be a wonderful place to meet people who are very knowledgable in regards to this breed, and I hope to read about everyones experiences!
Sorry for such a long post >.< I am not going to spend the rest of the evening fawning over all the pictures of everyones babies now :p

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Shauntay and welcome to Sphynxlair! Glad you found the site! Sorry that your babies have HCM. But it sounds like there doing just fine! Please feel free to share some pics with all of us as well!:ThumbsUp::Laugh:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to Sphynx Lair.
Sorry your cats have HCM.
I also plan on breeding in the future and show my sphynx.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh boy, I can tell you're going to be lots of fun. A couple of things made me laugh about your post. I have to ask. You're a pet groomer yet you prefer sphynx kitties? I guess you won't be doing to much grooming on your own kitties. Just the occasional bath. Also, Little Douche? Hahhaha

I'm Mike and my hairless friend's name is Butterball. He's the only pet I have. I have loads of videos with my little buddy in the video section. They are sort of corny but fun. Welcome, and I look forward to more of your posts!

Oh, I must see pictures of the great dane and kitties together. They must look like little mice compared to that big fella.

J

Jinxlover

Hello and welcome!!! I also have a Great Dane, my Sphynx loves him tho I'm not sure he feels the same..lol..

Shauntay

Banned
Yeah, about the grooming >.<
my theory is I work with hair alllll day, it's nice to come home to nudies! Originally I had a DLH rescue, and a persian, whom I both shave on a regular basis (they actually endured it today as a matter of fact!). I'm figuring out how to post pics as we speak! Then believe me, this forum will be bombarded with photos of my babies! ;)

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Shauntay! A big welcome to you and your pets!! Sorry about the HCM--I currently have 1 HCM cat (grade 3), and have lost 2 others to the disease. I also have 1 HCM neg cat. There are lots of posts on here about it and lots of people who are willing to lend an ear if you want.

We all love our hairless babies so you've come to the right spot. The one thing that I've found to be different on this site is that we don't cut each other down & argue amongst ourselves like a lot of forums. Everyone here truly cares about their babies and each other. You'll love it here! :ThumbsUp:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Shauntay! A big welcome to you and your pets!! Sorry about the HCM--I currently have 1 HCM cat (grade 3), and have lost 2 others to the disease. I also have 1 HCM neg cat. There are lots of posts on here about it and lots of people who are willing to lend an ear if you want.

We all love our hairless babies so you've come to the right spot. The one thing that I've found to be different on this site is that we don't cut each other down & argue amongst ourselves like a lot of forums. Everyone here truly cares about their babies and each other. You'll love it here! :ThumbsUp:

Very well said. Indeed.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! I am sorry about your babies having HCM. It does sound that they are in a wonderful home and dont want to go anywhere,hopefully for a long time to come! Cant wait to see pics of the gang! Everyone on here is awesome! They are all much like family!!:ThumbsUp:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Welcome to the Lair!!! Great intro!! Sorry to hear your babies have HCM but it sounds like you have a good handle on things. You will truely love it here as everyone has said. I don't go a single day without my dose of the Lair! Can't wait to browse your photos and hear more about you and your babies!

tessblack

Banned
Welcome. Sounds like you have a really cool crew. i am new to the breed and got my first pair in september. There was so much I did not know. This forum has helped me understand and learn about these guys. I have to say since I have been here I worry a lot about my kitties but now feel like I have the knowledge to deal with any issues that come up and catch them early enough. There are a lot of great helpful people here and I am grateful to have found this place.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Shauntay welcome to the Lair! My DIL's name is the same but spelled Chantee which is french. I am ss about the HCM diagnosis but so happy they have you! Can't wait to see pics!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair! It's a great place with loads of helpful friendly people. Sorry to hear you babies have HCM but it's great that they have you and their happy lives show that! :BigSmile:

Gonna go 'aww' and 'ahh' over your pics now!:BigSmile:

X

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi and welcome! Your kitties are all adorable. Love the lion cut's! Sorry to hear they have hcm. Sounds like they have a great happy home and lots of friends to play with.

Back