Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi there , to some this is going to sound really really the silliest question in Sphynxlair history !

To the knowledgable members I apologise in. Advance lol
Now I know to breed a sphynx baby you let the kitties mate
Now my question is
#1 to get an elf kitty to you breed two elf kitties ?
#2 similar to first to get a bambino kitty do you bread two bambino kitties ?

Or even the elf bambino ?
And I’ve seen a little furry bambino kitty !
Or do the elf and bambino appear in two sphynx babies ?

As I said sorry to our knowledgable members , I am sure someone else as pondered this question ah or is it just me who is silly
Thanks in advance
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

Katethespy

Lairian
It all comes down to dominant and recessive genes. With a recessive gene, both parents need to have it in order for the kitten to have that characteristic - this is the case for the bald mutation in canadian sphynx. The peterbald is bald because of a different mutation, which is dominant, so only one parent needs to carry it in order for the kittens to be bald. I'm not sure if the elf or bambino mutant genes are dominant or recessive, but I'm sure a quick google search would give the answer. The name of the breed that is a furry bambino is munchkin. This is quite a simple explanation, and it's a bit more complicated than that in practice but hopefully gives some insight.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi there @kaththespy thank you so much for breaking that down for me to understand ( cough cough ok ok I’m trying to understand ah ha )
I love my Cleo and I do intend to do some deeper research , from a sales point many of our sphynx babies are being brought in from Poland with passports etc , my cleo’s mum and dad were in a polish family but they live here in the uk ,
Do you think this is why Cleo doesn’t understand the word “ No “ ah ha ha ha ha
I have fallen in love with flooky bambino from instergram a total ball of pure cuteness is Flooky
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

Back