Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ingredients in baby wipes

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was at walgreens last night looking for some more natural baby wipes to give wipe downs and bought ology bamboo baby wipes. Is there anything in the ingredient list that looks like it may be toxic or dangerous for cats? Thank you :)

Ingredients

Purified Artesian Aquifer Water , polysorbate 20 , Vegetable glycerin , Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil , Citrus Sinensis Oil (Sweet Orange) , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Organic Aloe Vera) , Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract , potassium sorbate , Sodium Benzoate , Citric Acid

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I was at walgreens last night looking for some more natural baby wipes to give wipe downs and bought ology bamboo baby wipes. Is there anything in the ingredient list that looks like it may be toxic or dangerous for cats? Thank you :)

Ingredients

Purified Artesian Aquifer Water , polysorbate 20 , Vegetable glycerin , Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil , Citrus Sinensis Oil (Sweet Orange) , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Organic Aloe Vera) , Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract , potassium sorbate , Sodium Benzoate , Citric Acid
I found a few ingredients online for cat specific pet wipes, here is what it lists - Herbal Extract, Protein, Aloe Vera, Lanolin, Vitamins A and E, Oatmeal, Baking Soda, Botanical Extracts. The only thing I may add is that the "oils" can be toxic for cats if "large" quantities are consumed. Perhaps getting "pet" wipes would be better, also sold at Walmart or any other pet chain. :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KitKat26 , I have some buggies "naturals " I pick up on sale at Walgreens- but use now just for nail cleaning.

I experimented and found baby wash cloths dipped In a container of warm water with a teenie drop of hylyt shampoo worked better for me for I between bath wipe downs- I gave up on baby wipes since the wash cloths worked well and better for my 4 -
I just never saw that much "brown " come off with baby wipes vs the warm baby wash clothes wipe downs -
I like the carter brand with the seamed edge I grab at Ross store.

I agree perhaps look up each ingredient on the bamboo wipes or call the manufacturer - they should tell you about each of the ingredients.

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@KitKat26 , I have some buggies "naturals " I pick up on sale at Walgreens- but use now just for nail cleaning.

I experimented and found baby wash cloths dipped In a container of warm water with a teenie drop of hylyt shampoo worked better for me for I between bath wipe downs- I gave up on baby wipes since the wash cloths worked well and better for my 4 -
I just never saw that much "brown " come off with baby wipes vs the warm baby wash clothes wipe downs -
I like the carter brand with the seamed edge I grab at Ross store.

I agree perhaps look up each ingredient on the bamboo wipes or call the manufacturer - they should tell you about each of the ingredients.

Thank you, I will look at Ross for that brand. I bought D'grease shampoo so I wonder if that will work the same as the hylyt shampoo. I'll give it a try

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I found a few ingredients online for cat specific pet wipes, here is what it lists - Herbal Extract, Protein, Aloe Vera, Lanolin, Vitamins A and E, Oatmeal, Baking Soda, Botanical Extracts. The only thing I may add is that the "oils" can be toxic for cats if "large" quantities are consumed. Perhaps getting "pet" wipes would be better, also sold at Walmart or any other pet chain. :)
Thank you admin :). I'll just save these and use them for her paws, nails and butt. :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KitKat26 , I have never used d'grease but have read it needs to be rinsed extremely well- if you think you rinsed good, rinse again ..I read somewhere so I don't think it is as easy and forgiving to use as hypoallergenic soap free Htlyt Shampoo- they sell a spray mist of it , so I figured I would make my own concoction for in between wipe downs :)

**I don't know if you could do the same with D'Grease shampoo. IMHO , I would not chance it since it needs very thorough rinsing - perhaps best for full on "spa day " :)

I got avenalylt made by the same company for the Aussie dog spa day - I really like it and May corporate into Sphynx spa day :)

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ya I tried d'grease on my own hands and I noticed it's a bit hard to rinse. I may send it back and buy hylyt. Amazon was out of it when I was shopping but it may be in stock now.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KitKat26, , I didn't even know my vet carried hylyt and avenalyt until I was paying dog bill :)

I loooove the hylyt - it came highly recommended here by Hairless blessing:)

Very smart of you to try the d'grease on your Arm ;) you are a great mum!

My boy wiggled free from hylyt spa day and did not get a perfect rinse and was just fine

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'll ask the vet if they carry it. Luckily they are right around the corner from my house :)

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@KitKat26 , I have never used d'grease but have read it needs to be rinsed extremely well- if you think you rinsed good, rinse again ..I read somewhere so I don't think it is as easy and forgiving to use as hypoallergenic soap free Htlyt Shampoo- they sell a spray mist of it , so I figured I would make my own concoction for in between wipe downs :)

**I don't know if you could do the same with D'Grease shampoo. IMHO , I would not chance it since it needs very thorough rinsing - perhaps best for full on "spa day " :)

I got avenalylt made by the same company for the Aussie dog spa day - I really like it and May corporate into Sphynx spa day :)
I was at Marshalls yesterday and I picked up a pack of 24 9x9 baby wash cloths and I went ahead and bought the hylyt shampoo on amazon and I'll send the D'grease back. Thank you for the tips :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
Kitkat26,You will like the hylyt and wash cloths work great for the little areas and even with pinkie to wipe inside ears and use on nails etc.. I am so thankful hairless blessing told me about the hylyt and stokkes flexibath-
The wash tub works great on bathroom counter height and saves my back-
(Got it free really with the amazon apply card immediate gift credit) I will never use the card though:)
I used the $8 Rubbermaid tough tote before - now I store all the "spa day " stuff in it

Ps I am still messing with my shop item post bits :)

Smooches to pretty Piper!
Has Booey met ?

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kitkat26,You will like the hylyt and wash cloths work great for the little areas and even with pinkie to wipe inside ears and use on nails etc.. I am so thankful hairless blessing told me about the hylyt and stokkes flexibath-
The wash tub works great on bathroom counter height and saves my back-
(Got it free really with the amazon apply card immediate gift credit) I will never use the card though:)
I used the $8 Rubbermaid tough tote before - now I store all the "spa day " stuff in it

Ps I am still messing with my shop item post bits :)

Smooches to pretty Piper!
Has Booey met ?

I'll try the kitchen sink first go around and see how that turns out. I may need taller sides so that flexibath may come in handy for that. She stepped in a bit of poo last night and i had to catch her and put her paws in a bit of warm water in the bathroom sink and she about climbed to the top of my head. It's everything to try to hold her down.

Booey is doing really good with her now. She just rubs on him like she loves him and follows him around. They are playing with da bird together, and if it lands on Booey she will pounce on him and he just takes it, lol. He likes to watch her a lot. Sometimes I have to shoo him away because he likes to watch her use the litter box, LOOL.

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@KitKat26, , I didn't even know my vet carried hylyt and avenalyt until I was paying dog bill :)

I loooove the hylyt - it came highly recommended here by Hairless blessing:)

Very smart of you to try the d'grease on your Arm ;) you are a great mum!

My boy wiggled free from hylyt spa day and did not get a perfect rinse and was just fine

Well I just gave her the first bath in the kitchen sink and it went really good :). I put a towel in the bottom so she wouldn't slip and a bit of warm water and hylyt in the bottom to soak her paws. I had a towel and pitcher full of water for rinsing. She meowed of course but I was able to hold her and move her around ok without her acting like she's dying. Better than expected, and I love the hylyt shampoo :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Well I just gave her the first bath in the kitchen sink and it went really good :). I put a towel in the bottom so she wouldn't slip and a bit of warm water and hylyt in the bottom to soak her paws. I had a towel and pitcher full of water for rinsing. She meowed of course but I was able to hold her and move her around ok without her acting like she's dying. Better than expected, and I love the hylyt shampoo :)

Yes! For the first bathing. Piper is a brave girl:).

Jacks153

Lairian
Hi I actually have a complete line for the sphynx breed that is 100% organic and used by breeders in California . Works amazing ! No harsh chemicals or words you can't pronounce, nothing toxic to the breed . This breed has special needs with their delicate skin . Take a look at OrganicallyBeautifulByJC we have natural detox bars to remove pesky black heads, and ever so gentle liquid soap, paw soap, everything is #PAWFECT . I see so many people trying to use dish soap & human products on their cats. It's so not good for them ! These are made with detoxing clays & soothing organic butters specifically for them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 57
Back