Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lair Prayers for Pixie

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
A picture speaks a thousand words.
IMG_20240316_124249_HDR.jpg

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know she's supposed to wear her collar but she's not rubbing or scratching so it's off for now. I need to do eye drops too but she's fast asleep on my chest.
Had food and water too. It's difficult for her to eat and drink with the collar.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know she's supposed to wear her collar but she's not rubbing or scratching so it's off for now. I need to do eye drops too but she's fast asleep on my chest.
Had food and water too. It's difficult for her to eat and drink with the collar.
I just got up a minute because my body is numb and God... She was immediately looking for me.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Silke , awh, darling photo together. yes, that photo of you and Pixie speaks a thousand plus words. she loves her momma. so glad she is home. continued healing vibe head smooches and prayers. glad she is eating and drinking. keep us updated often adorable team Pixie. she is a little princess

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Something tells me Jezzy missed her. She's getting very close and even tried to wash her ear - very gently.
I don't think Pixie slept last night, she's extremely tired and was in a very deep sleep when I took that pic.
Then the farmer came with hay, so I had to get up... and when I came in she was sitting up and staring at the door. Waiting.
IMG_20240316_152033.jpg

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm very glad I stopped to grab some of the Kitty soup she likes before I picked her up. She's had 2 sachets today (I don't want to overload her stomach) and demolished every crumb. She'll get another around 9-10pm. She looked at the kibble but didn't eat any, so for now it's the kitty soup.
Normally she just licks up the gravy, but atm she's having the chunky bits too, so she must be hungry.
The vetwrap on her is quite firm and impedes her a bit, so she can't walk properly -- or so she pretends. (You know...cats and clothes...it's not THAT tight lol)
She can walk just fine when there is kitty soup... but any other time "Hold me!" I'm afraid when the bandages come off and the stitches come out...she'll be severely spoiled. (Not that she isn't already, but it'll be even worse then.)
Also, my vet, when I arrived and he took me to the cage where she was, couldn't get over her reaction of seeing me. "Incroyable" was all he was muttering, because she literally crawled toward me and then into my arms, wrapped her own arms around my neck and buried her face against me. He told me he's never seen a cat react like that, and that the two of us have one hell of a special bond. And also "J'adore votre chat. Tres special."
Before the op I told him not to use Ketamine because she has a heart murmur, and he immediately went "I will research another for her."
He said he's very fond of Sphynxes, because they are so gentle and so people oriented. "Like no other cat." and that he's never had a Sphynx go bonkers in all his years of treating them. Growling and grumbling, yes, but nothing like some other cats where you have to wear chainmail gloves to do anything.
But he also said the entire surgery had fallen in love with her lol. "I gave her one of our kid's fleeces last night, and told the nurse that if I can't walk around without clothes without shivering, then it's too cold for her."
They cranked the heating up just for her and she got little cuddles this morning from everyone.
Alas, the eye surgery was likely a fail. The cornea was extremely damaged, and he said there isn't really anything he could stitch a membrane to to fix it.
It was worth a try. If it doesn't work...well. We'll figure it out.
Her checkup is on Tuesday afternoon. (My birthday lol)
They have a whole bunch of cheques from me, and I haven't had Stormy's vet bill yet... Yep, I'm broke.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh dear poor little Pixie that’s quite an ordeal for the both of you. Glad the vet is doing what’s best for her and she is getting spoiled by you. The pictures of her snuggling are just precious.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
A friend of mine, and then the neighbor farmer popped in today. Pixie was NOT impressed.
I was talking to someone else and not paying (enough) attention to her. Which is completely unacceptable, since she owns me now.
Suddenly Pixie could walk, complain bitterly, and give everyone dirty looks (utter fail with one eye sewn shut, but she gave it a shot anyway) so they would know how utterly inconsiderate they were being. When they laughed, she crawled under the blankie and sulked lol.
Diva x 10.
On the plus side, she finally pooped. I was getting worried.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So... Pixie is a superb actress.
"I'm so weak. Hold me. Carry me. My legs don't work. Woe be me."
And then somehow a starling got into my bedroom.
Guess who was hunting the starling? With UTTER determination? All legs working, jumping, dashing around, determined to murder the bird? (And even catching it once!) Aided and abetted by Jezzy, there was team stalking from two sides.
I managed to catch the poor bugger eventually, cleaned him up and let him go. But yeah... The Oscar goes to... Pixie.

IMG_20240318_090635_HDR.jpg

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Exercise is good for the heart…and healing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not when you gunk up your eye in the process.
Just emailed the vet a picture, because her eye is opening (and doesn't look good) to see if this is stitches dissolving and normal, or if I should bring her in.
Checkup is on Thursday (Thought it was today but I got it mixed up) and I think that might be too long.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I got woken up at 6:30, very sweetly, by Pixie. She came for snuggles, so we stayed in bed another hour. (She hasn't come to bed for quite some time.)
Got up to do her meds, let the chickens out, came back in to find her sitting on the radiator - waiting.
Grabbed coffee, checked messages... and there's Pixie, on my lap. Each time I get up, she either sits on my chair, waiting, or will come to wherever I sit down for more snuggles.
It's now 10am, and we're still snuggling. :)
IMG_20240321_100006_HDR.jpg
How could I possibly resist this?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like she is feeling much better…what a relief for you. I think you need to just stay in and snuggle all day if possible.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Silke , Happy BIrthday to you!!!! Pixie surely enjoying snuggle time with mum!! Jezzy is being the purrfect supervisor {= {=
so glad the vet visit wen ok, continued positive healing vibes and for the stitches out on the 29th.

enjoy your birthday snuggles supermum!!
happy birthday flowers.png

Back