Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New breed of cat?

Tiffany_Kay

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
942209_584919978209615_1992562380_n.jpg
this one really looks wolfy

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I do think they are cute, I've seen a few variations, but well...um...did I mention the shedding in my last post?

Hair. Fur. Fuzz. Whatever you want to call it. That's the ONLY good thing about being bald, I don't have to clean out a brush, or the drain, and there are no stray hairs in my coat, lol. A few weeks ago my sister brought me to a doctors appt and we were sitting in the waiting room and there was thing long brown hair stuck on my fleece jacket and it would NOT come off. I said to her "Your hair is stuck to my coat", and she said "how do you it's mine?" . Hmm ...?

Maybe if they were soft cat hairs, but if they were wirey, and stuck to things, I would have to lint brush the poor baby, which would not be fair to him.

Jen

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Can you imagine the reactions you would get if you took one of those kitties to the pet store? I have a feeling there would be a lot of rude comments LOL

Ollie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I do think they are cute, I've seen a few variations, but well...um...did I mention the shedding in my last post?

Hair. Fur. Fuzz. Whatever you want to call it. That's the ONLY good thing about being bald, I don't have to clean out a brush, or the drain, and there are no stray hairs in my coat, lol. A few weeks ago my sister brought me to a doctors appt and we were sitting in the waiting room and there was thing long brown hair stuck on my fleece jacket and it would NOT come off. I said to her "Your hair is stuck to my coat", and she said "how do you it's mine?" . Hmm ...?

Maybe if they were soft cat hairs, but if they were wirey, and stuck to things, I would have to lint brush the poor baby, which would not be fair to him.

Jen
Haha sorry I had to chuckle Jenn. I say this to my hubby all the time when I find a hair in the car. I have alopecia ( autoimmune condition causing hairloss), I know totally different cause to your hairloss, but I get the no hair thing. I feel a kindred spirit in my naked baby :) as well as loving the fact there is never pet hair all over my clothes.

ElinOline

Lairian
Hmm not feeling this one ladies. I'm trying to see the cuteness, I really do, but I just don't see it.. Might be an awesome cat tho! So if I met one, I would perhaps feel different about it ;)

RandE

Lairian
I'm sorry, I might not get many supporters here but these cats look like something out of my nightmares. I find them terrifying. :eek:

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Let me hear one of you that are calling them ugly etc again cry that someone is calling your babies ugly how many threads have been started about people being upset about others being nasty about sphynx I will then point you at this thread and remind you of your own words lol each to their own in my book I just find it slightly a bit hypercritical moaning about how people criticise sphynx being ugly and then going and saying the same about another unusual breed

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Let me hear one of you that are calling them ugly etc again cry that someone is calling your babies ugly how many threads have been started about people being upset about others being nasty about sphynx I will then point you at this thread and remind you of your own words lol each to their own in my book I just find it slightly a bit hypercritical moaning about how people criticise sphynx being ugly and then going and saying the same about another unusual breed
You know what your ded right !!! I take back what i have said about these cats because i have been offended so many times about people not seeing sphynx the same way i do !!! Great point to make & well said, each to their own eh xxxx

RandE

Lairian

I'm not offended when people say my sphynx is ugly. I understand they are unusual and many people find them creepy or unattractive- to each their own. So I have absolutely no problems in saying that I find these lykoi seriously frightening and hideous. lol

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm not offended when people say my sphynx is ugly. I understand they are unusual and many people find them creepy or unattractive- to each their own. So I have absolutely no problems in saying that I find these lykoi seriously frightening and hideous. lol

I don't care either who think my babies are ugly my message was to those who have posted or commented to those post complaining about people being nasty about their sphynx by say such.. So in this instance of my post it's more if the shoe fits wear it. If you are ok within yourself to refer to a breed as frightening and hideous that this grows you as a person whoops to ya lol I personally like life a little more positive and embrace difference ... Difference is what gives life a little splash of umph how boring would life be if everything was the same.. I choose the way I see life but each to their own floating boat :)

Tiffany_Kay

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Lickleone I was feeling the same way... so many times people have said ugly things about my sphynx and it was hurtful. I thought I would share these new kittes with a community that would except their unusual looks. I think yes they are very different looking and not for everyone, but still very cute.

RandE

Lairian
I don't care either who think my babies are ugly my message was to those who have posted or commented to those post complaining about people being nasty about their sphynx by say such.. So in this instance of my post it's more if the shoe fits wear it. If you are ok within yourself to refer to a breed as frightening and hideous that this grows you as a person whoops to ya lol I personally like life a little more positive and embrace difference ... Difference is what gives life a little splash of umph how boring would life be if everything was the same.. I choose the way I see life but each to their own floating boat :)

No lol it does not make me grow as a person. But I am entitled to my opinions just as others are entitled to theirs. I love cats- all cats really. But these scare me. They may be wonderful pets- for someone else. Not me. Like you said, to each their own floating boat.

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My mom was actually wanting to get on the waiting list for the Lokoy. I think they're cute lol. They won't be available as pets until 2016 though.

Back