- Joined
- Jul 30, 2012
- Messages
- 890
- Points
- 168
Oliver is really sick... This morning he was falling over. We rushed to the ER vet again & his sugar/blood pressure were very low. Contacted breeder who is distraught but really only wants me to bring him back (he's out of state) & he will take care of him...
Vet tells me he's not stable to transfer & right now needs 24 hour care, so we're here... Thought breeder would help, nope. Estimate is $1600-2200 just for testing and monitoring, iv, etc... I'm so devastated right now. I don't even know what to do. When i picked him yip Wednesdaynight I thought he was too thin. Breeder said growth spurt & being that he WAS a lot smaller (framed) when i saw him a month ago, i went with it.
Should've trusted my gut, but I'm a first time sphynx owner... I didn't know any Better... That's neither here nor there... Vet says ethically they won't release unless care is lined up at breeders vet, breeder just sent me a text that he would not/cannot pay for overnight care through his vet. I'm so distraught. I then asked the breeder if he would refund me the $ i paid for Oliver & I would pay the rest & he said no, he would exchange for another kitten but i have to bring Oliver back to him.
So I'm stuck now trying to make a decision on how I'm going to afford to pay this bill... They don't do payment arrangements here... Idk what to do. I really don't. Any advice?
Vet tells me he's not stable to transfer & right now needs 24 hour care, so we're here... Thought breeder would help, nope. Estimate is $1600-2200 just for testing and monitoring, iv, etc... I'm so devastated right now. I don't even know what to do. When i picked him yip Wednesdaynight I thought he was too thin. Breeder said growth spurt & being that he WAS a lot smaller (framed) when i saw him a month ago, i went with it.
Should've trusted my gut, but I'm a first time sphynx owner... I didn't know any Better... That's neither here nor there... Vet says ethically they won't release unless care is lined up at breeders vet, breeder just sent me a text that he would not/cannot pay for overnight care through his vet. I'm so distraught. I then asked the breeder if he would refund me the $ i paid for Oliver & I would pay the rest & he said no, he would exchange for another kitten but i have to bring Oliver back to him.
So I'm stuck now trying to make a decision on how I'm going to afford to pay this bill... They don't do payment arrangements here... Idk what to do. I really don't. Any advice?

